Verifying Your Website With Pinterest

Has anyone actually done this? I mean, signing into your account and signing up for Pinterest verification by getting that meta tag code that you paste into your <head> of your index page? Is it worth it and has it helped your page and SEO?

I don’t think it necessarily helps with rankings, but it does give a boost to your Pinterest profile, which can subsequently become a driver of traffic to your website over time.

I don’t think so that after verifying pinterest code in header tag that will give you any benefit. For seo purpose you can add your website link in profile info. or else in your posting otherwise by adding image link of your website.

first of all why you link every online marketing activity with SEO. Verified site in pinterest help to create trust in users on this site. People will like to click, share, follow & buy from verified profiles. So, this is far from SEO.

You can take benefit of SEO from pinterest by creating keyword rich boards, Keywords & content rich pins. These boards & pins easily ranks in google.

Above mentioned both things are different.

I realized that. I have alot of stuff on Pinterest but very little traffic. Generating traffic to one’s own site is very difficult.

[B]Please note that the OP is asking specifically whether anybody has tried this, and whether or not they found it to be helpful.

Please answer the actual question. General replies will be removed as fluff.[/B]

I tried it, it definitely helps with boosting your Pinterest profile
This in turn pushes your Pinterest profile up the Google rankings
On the basis your Pinterest account is linked with the site you are optimising - then yes installing the Pinterest code will in fact boost your site’s SEO

On the flip side it slows down the site a tiny bit, and there could be security issues (say Pinterest’s site gets hacked, then in turn your sites data gets hacked via the Pinterest code placed on your site)

You would probably get equal affect SEO wise from boosting your Pinterest profile in other ways, like getting more Followers/Likes/Repins

I have an optimized Pinterest profile you could see as an example it’s named “Gravy Train Bingo” if that helps

I recommend it. It’s easy to do. Just slap on the code and verify. And remove code afterwards. Take like 15 mins tops. It establishes credibility for your brand and or page.