Very low conversion rate

Hi,
I’d like to know your opinion about my ecommerce site. I have very low conversion rate and high bounce rate. I think there’s something to improve but i don’t know what. I started working six months ago.

Thank you in advance for your comments,
bye.

your site is looking good. But when customer goes to specific item like this one : woollyclothing.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=91_67_72&products_id=190&zenid=87f3e4b66f9d5a2b3739316da8f13097

there you can see a button “customer who bought this…”
it’s annoying, it is almost passing thru right side box, this is ultimately ruining experience of website visitor, you should make some adjustment in this regards.

Also why to show social networking icons on each page, customers are not here to social bookmarking, they are not intrested in it, you should make product info neat and clen, also a perfect layout like this one nlsolarheating.com/shw1-solar-hot-water-heating-package-diy-solar-kits-p-45.html?zenid=ppp0e81ld3gcu6brdq9af0cgq2

customers are more interested in payment & shipping terms. If you wish you can have social networking icons at the bottom of the page.

I hope i am not to hard in describing. sorry.

Ops, i didn’t notice the title floated on the right. I’ll fix it soon. Thank you sarfrazsama.

Any other idea?

There will be something in product representation that decrease conversion rate, but what?

Let’s start a little higher level than your site design or cart funnel… Those are important but if your traffic isn’t convertable or your business isn’t appropriate, all the logos and icon tweaks in the world won’t fix that.

how are you getting traffic?

how much traffic do you have to base your conclusion about conversion rates on?

are your products your own or can they be found elsewhere?

how do you compare in price?

how do you set yourself apart other than price?

do you have any brand reputation or history people may know?

do you offer unique value for the category like hassle free returns?

do you have a good history of reviews and comments from customers on your products?

why would you buy from your own site?

Tim’s right, you need to take a hard look at the numbers at the top of your funnel.

Also, ecommerce conversion numbers are rarely spectacular. I’m curious as to what kind of conversion you’re actually experiencing… a percentage will do fine - it not even be that bad!

Right in the middle of your website, at the very top, there is an empty space. Perhaps you should use it to tell your site visitors who the website is for, and state the benefits of your business there.
As a model of success I recommend Bill Myers’s Product Developer’s Resource Center at bmyers.com. Notice how logically everything unfolds on his home page.

I bet you cannot beat my conversion rate of .05 percent.

Are you suggesting your CVR is 0.05% or 5%? Big differance…

There’s a few retailers pulling above 30% CVR rates so yes, someone could beat that, if you were looking to make a general comparison for some reason. The typical brand sees 2-4% conversion rates; slightly higher for pureplay etailers and much lower for manufacturers… it all depends on what your business is and your offering within the category.

Please, forgive my 0.018…
I sell unbranded products from italian knitwear factories.
I noticed that the highest conversion rate is about man’s products: it’s because we used a human model insted of a dummy?

How much traffic do you get? From what sources? What does the traffic do (bounce right away, research, add to cart, start the checkout process, etc)?

I get about 100 new visits per day, all from pay per click.

That’s not alot but the PPC source should be driving decently interested customers over. How do you feel your pricing and offering compares on the terms you bid for? Does your traffic stick around or just bounce off the site as soon as they land?

My bounce rate is about 60% of the total traffic.

Hi ,

I just checked your site and have few suggestions that you may want to leverage :

1. The add to cart button on product page is below the first scroll and very small. You should have it within first scroll

2. Secondly, the site is seriously slow, you may want to check for it takes time to load the pages, that can easily put off visitors who want to buy.

3. Choosing of size should come before the add to cart button.

4. Shopping cart page doesnt seems like a shopping cart really. It needs to be shown as table.

Best Regards,
Ravi Pathak

As Ted has pointed out, your analysis should begin outside of the cart funnel. Your product mix and product value is one of the most important. You can have a website following the best standards and practices possible, but if you’re selling ounces of gold for $3000 each, your conversion rate will be near 0.

It’s not unrealistic to think that your product mix is going to to be responsible for 50-75% of your sales, no matter how good or bad your website is. After this, no individual tweak is going to make your CVR jump from 1% to 5% but a combination of tweaks may raise it 0.1% here and 0.1% there.

By the way, 1.8% is a very decent conversion rate.

There are two major reasons are behind of low conversion rate, You should check your content and products price of your site. If you came and not go for buy then you should update product list as well as prices.Check your contents are just according to your site’s theme and products which plays very important role for conversion rate

That means very poor targeting. You could advertise also the products like
sitename.com/men-suit for the keyword men suit
rather then
sitename.com for the keyword clothes.

Right, it’s targetted traffic but it needs to be sent to the right destination to see what they’re looking for or the conversion… sucks.

and make sure that you use right targeted keywords