Video/audio talk about CSS from 1 to 3+ by fantasai

She just posted this on teh twotters: http://emergingtech.chariotsolutions.com/2012/05/ete-2012-elika-j-etemad-the-evolution-of-css-layout-through-css-3-and-beyond/

It’s a talk about CSS from its early beginnings to where it’s going in the future.

Of course my attention was grabbed at 11.30 (the web vs print), but for most of you, the interesting stuff starts at 14.20 (layout) where things like the flexbox proposals and some neat-looking Adobe proposals (exclusions and regions) and whatnot and what’s going on.

Thanks for the link Mallory that was an interesting listen and explains how the specs are approached from beginning to end and why some things are not as easy to implement as they may seem.

Yes, I’m glad someone in the audience asked about the preprocessors.

Glad they approve of preprocessors. I certainly approve of them! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t think they were against it. Everything about web screams dynamic since the days of CGI and PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor!!!) until nowadays with MQs, SCSS, HAML. It comes a time when you have to be extremely productive, and those are invaluable tools.

Off Topic:

bah, they made that up later! person home page, or people hate perl for some :slight_smile: