Video Game Console Statistics?

Video Game Console Stats

http://www.vgchartz.com/chartsindex.php

Interesting, looks like the PS3 has caught up to the 360. Maybe it’s the new PS3 slim.

Could be, or because they have lowered the price.

It’s because of the PS3 slim… it resolved many of the glitches the PS3 had (mainly old firmware) and the lower price made it compete with the other devices more. To be perfectly honest I think Sony got away pretty softly, if they had not gone with Blu-Ray you can guarantee that 90% of their origional PS3 sales would have never left the shelves and Sony would have been in some serious financial trouble… it was only the PS3’s Blu-Ray functionality that managed to get consumers interested in picking one up (because it was the best quality and cheapest blu-ray player early on). :slight_smile:

Nintendo pwning as usual.

Both the Wii and the DS are each doubling sales of the XBOX and PS3. It will be interesting to see what Nintendo’s next gen system will be like given they have a theoretical 4x the budget they can allocate into research & development.

Sony is hitting a nice sweet spot–PS3 slim is getting into alot of living rooms as a networked blu-ray player that happens to play games. I wonder how things would have worked out had the 360 got a blu-ray drive for the holiday season.

Sony is hitting a nice sweet spot–PS3 slim is getting into alot of living rooms as a networked blu-ray player that happens to play games. I wonder how things would have worked out had the 360 got a blu-ray drive for the holiday season.

isn’t a new xbox on the way soon?

obviously wii’s social, family, and kid oriented nature contributes its current domination