VideoLAN (VLC) Playlist

Does anyone out there use VideoLAN (VLC) as a music playback application?

If so, is there a way to store my play list so that when I open up VLC it is there ready to use??

(In iTunes you can create a Playlist whether it is of radio stations or songs, and every time you open up iTunes it is ready to click on. Sorta like radio presets!)

The only option I see in VLC is to have to manually open/uploaded a saved Playlist file from my HDD which is a major waste of time!!! :mad:

TomTees

I always considered VLC to be more of a video player than a media library or playlist manager.

But, this might be worth a try: Go to Tools > Preferences. Under “show settings” select “all”. Go to “Playlists”. For the default stream, paste the file path of your playlist.

I currently use winamp.

As for other suggestions, possibly songbird or foobar2000.

Here’s a list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_audio_player_software

Can you recommend an open-source solution that does what Windows Media Player or iTunes does without that dirty Corporate America feeling?? :lol:

But, this might be worth a try: Go to Tools > Preferences. Under “show settings” select “all”. Go to “Playlists”. For the default stream, paste the file path of your playlist.

Well, I had to translate what you said since I’m on a MacBook, but it looks like that worked. (It isn’t perfect as it shows an icon with my playlist that I have to double-click to open to get to my radio stations, but close enough!)

Thanks, and everyone else, do let me know of some maybe better Open-Source Audio Players if any exist?!

Thanks,

TomTees

I have my playlist saved on my desktop, then when I want to start it I drag the playlist onto the VLC icon and away we go.

:slight_smile: