Voice activation for Ipad?

I hope this is the correct forum for this. If not, please move it.

I am trying to find if there is an existing or planned way to use the ipad where the user has no physical capability - no use of limbs - to do so.

Is there a mouse which could be used in the mouth where they bite for a click or, is there a voice activated app for it. Couldn’t find anything on google but maybe I am not thinking of the best keywords.

bazz.

It’s a touch interface device, there is no clicking… but you could touch it with a nose, or probably a capacitive stylus held in the mouth.

What are you thinking of using it for? Why would you buy a closed-platform touch tablet for someone with no limbs, instead of a tablet PC where you can put whatever specialized software you want on it?

Ah, thanks Dan.

I was asked to find out about the ipad for a relative who has MS and who has movement only on her face. The neck muscles are non-functional and they are incapable of movement anywhere below.

Brain works fine so reading would be the prime function of whatever device we find.

l’ll look into tablet pc’s

bazz

Windows Vista / Windows 7 has speech recognition built in. It can be a bit cumbersome, but you can control a mouse on top of almost any program by speech with it – you tell it to display a grid, and gradually refine that grid until you get to the specific point on the screen you want to move the pointer to or click then tell it to.