VPS host

Hello,

I find good VPS from USA, help me?

There are many VPS providers with US based servers. You need to first look whether you want linux based or windows based. Then regular or cloud based. Then managed or unmanaged. The uptime you need. Web space. Cpanel or Plesk or some other panel for management. Whether you need it for individual site or say you want to run a reseller account on it.

Hence there are many types of servers available with different configurations / bandwidth / options so without basic details on your requirement suggesting a server might not be a good idea.

I’m currently using DigitalOcean. Really easy to setup and get going for like $5 per month.

Sorry to jump in here but I am looking to change soon. Patche does DigitalOcean provide a cpanel of some type?
How is their service?
Thanks

I wouldn’t use them for anything mission critical, I see a fair bit of chat about them on hosting forums that indicates they are a fashionable server company of the moment for script kids, coin miners and minecrafters, which likely results in high churn and probably explains why they’re getting ddos’ed a lot:
http://www.digitaloceanstatus.com/

Wow, now that’s a review worth thinking about. They do have good marketing and that’s what caught the eye.
Thanks

They also tick a few boxes which for me act as warning signs and eliminate any host from contention when looking for a reliable production server:

a) newish company - I prefer not to share in growing pains, learning experiences, or potential instabilities typically experienced by a host in it’s first few years.

b) cheapest in sector - attracts the wrong kind of users that can create a bad network neighborhood and overloads support resources, also means corners are being cut somewhere.

c) growly rapidly /heavily marketed /hyped - often means money is being spent on ads rather than core infrastructure and quality staff, can lead to mediatemple type fiascos and system implosions.

Having said that, I’d still consider them for a dev box that doesn’t need to be reliable, they’re undoubtedly very cheap for the spec.

As others recommended, DigitalOcean is really good, also Poweruphosting I have had good results with.

It looks like epilifalerav has left the building.

However, if anyone else is looking, I’ve had three different types of accounts at WebHostingBuzz and must rave about the excellent of the services they provide (at a very reasonable cost). Check them out - you won’t be disappointed.

Regards,

DK