VPS Hosting vs. Cloud Hosting questions

I am used to shared hosting, but now I’m starting to understand the important of VPS and dedicated hosting. It allows your site to load faster and have minimal problems because you don’t have to share resources with other people, especially when handling high traffic sites.

Anyway, when I was looking around for good VPS hosting, I came across something called Cloud hosting. I know it’s been there for a while but I really have no idea about the difference.

I’m not technically inclined so I apologize if those features in the service plan seem like gibberish to me. Can anyone lay it out for me in layman’s terms? Like I said, I was used to shared hosting and buying them is quite simple. But when I look at VPS hosting and Cloud hosting they have these terms that I don’t understand and even have a slider that increases and decreases the cost.

What is enough for, let’s say, a website that expects 100,000 to 200,000 visitors per month? Do these hosting services have cPanel installed as well? Shared hosting services mostly have cPanel so I kind of got used to that already.