VPS Hosting

I am currently on HostGator for VPS Level 3 with cPanel and am paying about $55/month. Here are the stats:

CPU: 1.13 GHZ
RAM: 768 MB
Disk Space: 30 GB
Bandwidth: 500 GB
$49.95/month

I’ve been looking at other VPS hosting companies and found “Web Hosting Buzz”. They offer something similar called their Silver Plan with cPanel, in which it looks like you have more control over management too:
http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/server-support-options.php

Disk space: 75GB
Bandwidth: 1250GB
RAM: 2048MB
CPU: 1.5Ghz
$52.95/month

In terms of customer support for virtual private servers how does WHB compare with HostGator? Also, are there any other hosting companies out there that I should be looking at for VPS?

Thanks!

rev,

I’ve been using hosting on WHB for several years and must admit that it’s not been WPS. However, I’ve had ZERO problems and ZERO need to contact their support. Is that a good referral or not? IMHO, that’s excellent but leave me without any timing on response. Therefore, I believe that a test is in order: E-mail their support team with a question about their management, their update schedule, their default control panel (cPanel is extra), etc. Obviously, pick something that you need to know before switching and that only a techie can answer for you and their response time will tell you that little bit more than I can.

I’ve seen that Silver VPS and, because it offers so much more than my old VPS account with another host (except cPanel), I’m about to make the move myself!

Disclosure: Because of my long-term status as a client, WHB has asked that I let others know of my experience with them and have labeled it “Ambassador.” It is UNPAID and I can assure you that you’d know if I ever had a problem!

Regards,

DK

Thanks for the reply, dklynn
You were the one who referred me to WHB earlier and I would like to get more opinions on the host before making the switch. Contacting their support staff and asking questions is a great way to get a feel for how they operate too.
Hoping to find some more recommendations on Sitepoint for a good VPS host (3 is better then 2) and I will contact them all before making the switch, if any, and after the options have been weighed out.

Thanks!

rev,

As an alternative, my other host is modVPS (webhostingzoom). Their plans are a bit old (less capability) but I’ve had good success with their staff albeit it takes a bit longer than I’d like for some issues to be resolved. Since I’ve also been with them for years, though, I would also recommend them.

Regards,

DK

I can also recommend KnownHost. They are very good, I found.