Wamp - Forbidden You don't have permission to access on this server

All of a sudden I can’t access my local sites via Wamp. So I just did a fresh install thinking that would fix it. NOPE. I did everything suggested in the first few threads on Google. Can anyone help with this?

Can you provide any detail from the logs or anything else that may help us diagnose the problem? Did you do any recent configuration changes?

127.0.0.1 localhost
#::1 localhost

Have a look at your HOSTS file, you should see two lines like the above. WAMP doesn’t seem to like it when both are enabled so comment out the ::1 with a # if it’s not already commented out. Depending on what version of windows you’re running you might need to run notepad as an administrator

Tanks bro! Is that the one located C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts? If so mine currently looks like

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 my-virtual-site1
127.0.0.1 my-virtual-site2

That’s follow this 3 step process http://www.websitecodetutorials.com/code/all-things-www-&-msc-help/wamp-server-how-to-create-virtual-host.php

The local host works but the virtual ones stopped all of a sudden. Which tells me its something with my computer and not wamp. Cuz I didn’t change anything in wamp. So it’s just the virtual ones that don’t work I guess then.

Were any changes made to your firewall software around the time the virtual ones stopped working?

no - np changes made by me on my computer. That i know of. Is there a error report I can spit out?

Check your apache error logs, maybe it is still getting the request, but apache is declining it?

I just had the same problem. It turns out that my windows is using the IPv6 address ::1 instead of 127.0.0.1. To solve this, I opened httpd.conf and changed the following line:

Allow from 127.0.0.1

to:

Allow from 127.0.0.1 ::1

I’ll give that a try thanks!

Others,

IF you install into the Windows protected directories (like (Program Files) or into Users/{any}), it’ll be Windows which is stopping the access. This is easily avoided by NOT installing into the Windows protected directories.

I don’t understand how, if installed with localhost and 127.0.0.1, WAMP would suddenly be using IP6. During installation, be sure you get the server addresses correct!

Regards,

DK