Wampserver 2.2

I am using wampserver 2.2 on windows 7, but my example today.php is not showing the info like the text book said (Build your own Data driven web site)

Is anything happening at all? The more info you can supply about your setup and what you are doing, the better.

This is what is coming up
N���
5.5.16-log����Q&gW[D!x�ÿ÷�€����������Y6B*GhVV.~Vp�mysql_native_password�!��ÿ„#08S01Got packets out of order

The book said the results should look like this
Today’s date (according to this web server) is Tuesday, December 20th 2011

I don’t know why the text iis showing like that. Most of the time, when I get weird characters is due to a bad configuration (as an example, the charset in the database is different from the charset I use for the page)

The message “got packets out of order” normally means that MySQL is not receiving the packets in the right other. Since you’re simply extracting information from the server, I can’t think why this is the case.

I don’t remember the book, I’ve read it a few years ago but to get the information about today’s date… you only need PHP and you’re having a MySQL error… are you trying to connect to the database when you’re not extracting information from it?