Want more visitors? Fight against pseudo-knowledge on SPF

These are tech forums, mostly.

The biggest problem I personally see on SPF today is that anyone is allowed to make straight up outrageous claims and suppositions, out loud, with nothing to back them up, not even their personal work, or, even more, despite their shoddy personal work and example. Point being, don’t preach when you don’t reach.

A scoring system on posts, like on stackoverflow, would really help those that want to learn, to distinguish between ego-talkers and useful debaters.

SPF staff, bring up the noise filters, please. It’s staying in the way of clear answers and legitimate debates.

Posters, put your money where your mouth is first. Don’t mimic knowledge, we’ve all come here to learn.

<hr>

Why am I bringing this up? Because not once, not twice, but three times I got in trouble here because of technical fluff posters with nothing relevant to say but misguided generalized stuff. If I could be somehow excused from hearing yet another poster claiming flagrantly stupid stuff over my posts and then suffering to watch it playing dumb and coward and asinine after I proved it wrong, I could focus on making the debate go “up”, not “down”.

Oh, and did I mention: and then to watch those fluff posters completely disappear after trolling on serious debates?

Thanks for your feedback. I have a couple of points to make in response.

Firstly, this forum is for learning. There will be people that make mistakes or claims that turn out to be inaccurate, but that’s cool. That’s how we learn.

Secondly, you do have a knack for stirring up argument and getting people’s backs up. Under those circumstances people tend to speak without taking the time to think. That is human nature.

We are doing our best to fight the legitimate fluff posters - the people that don’t add anything new to a thread, not just the ones that you don’t agree with.

As always, your opinion is appreciated, even if I don’t wholeheartedly agree with it.