Way to block "referal spam"?

Hi,

event-tracking was the only one I wanted to block out of that list (the rest were fine, and good traffic).

I’ve gone and used this code now in my main .conf file for the domain, as this seems much quicker (the last code KILLED one of my sites loading times for some reason)

RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} (kambasoft.com|savetubevideo.com|privatelee.com|semalt.com|embedle.com|extener.com|fbfreegifts.com|feedouble.com|musicprojectfoundation.com|myprintscreen.com|openfrost.com|openmediasoft.com|softomix.com|srecorder.com|videofrost.com|joinandplay.me|backgroundpictures.net|feedouble.net|softomix.net|videofrost.net|joingames.org|soundfrost.org|vapmedia.org|youtubedownload.org|zazagames.org|softomix.ru|free-share-buttons.com|buttons-for-your-website.com|best-seo-offer.com|social-buttons.com|buttons-for-website.com|best-seo-solution.com|Get-Free-Traffic-Now.com|webmaster-traffic.com|event-tracking.com|4labweb.com|free-social-buttons.com|srecorder.com) [NC]
RewriteRule .* - [F]

Comment: If you want the dots to be dots, they need to be escaped in regex expressions. IMHO, little matter as you have properly listed the bots so this is definitely a pedantic comment.

Yeah - if the domain matches (even with . as a character), it should be fine to block (as no one would be sending valid traffic from any of those :))

Cheers

Andy