Ways to Draw More Readers to Your Blog

The problem that most bloggers need to face after they are done setting up their blog is how they can generate traffic. If you share the same problem, do you know how to attract traffic to your website? Here are five tips for getting more traffic to your blog:

1. Build backlinks from reputable sites.

2. Comment on the contents of other bloggers.

3. Join groups like the Worldwide Partnership Tribe.

4. You need to install plug-ins on your blog.

5. Spend some time researching on your keywords.

:slight_smile:

Paul Liburd
<snip>

Forum posting is a good way to go about it to. Offering advice and help to other while leaving a link is great way of giving back to the internet community while generating a little traffic at the same time.

I think keyword is the most important thing ever.You can use keyword in your meta tags and title to get traffic.

Focus on keywords.
Quality contents.
Article posting
Social bookmarking
Directory submission
Classified and more…

Writing GOOD content is what makes people stay and recommend. Then you can do the other traffic ‘tricks’, post in forums, comment in blogs, be present in the social media, do everything so that people see your blog and visit it.

The plugins have to bring a real benefit for the speciffic blog in order to be worth installing, I don’t think a plethora of widgets and gadgets would do any good.
I always seek for a balance between interactive content and written stuff.
It’s always best to focus your efforts towards organic SEO and the content quality that that can bring WOM recommendations.

Its true, Original content matter a lot for keeping visitors to stay on your site. try to connect your blog to other blogs, post your stories on some good article sites also share try to share their links on social media sites it will help you bring good amount of traffic for your blog.

Totally agree with you paul, but i like to add something more. If you really want people come to your blog, read your blog and come back again, you need do something in what you wrote. If the content of your articles is very attractive, and a few pictures will be a plus, i think people will come to your blog now and then.

That automatically brings the question - how to build such backlinks from reputable sites?

Sorry, but building backlinks is a topic for the SEO forum. We won’t be discussing that here.

Backlinks and SEO are essential. But aside from these, advertise your blog on social media, bookmarking sites, article directory, web and blog directories, squidoo and more. Spread links and the name of your blog around the web.

Totally agree with you 1sk0, but it is always easier t say than done. And i think building backlinks is part of SEO.You’d better have an excellent team to do the SEO, it is very crucial for the organic ranking and saves a lot of money.

I also agree to lonking. If your into serious SEO, hire someone to do every SEO related jobs and focus on your content. Doing all of them at once will exhaust your time. Updated and good quality content will, of course, always draw more readers to your blog via search engines.

Thanks for the helpful info, it actually gave me somethings to think about. I’ve got other ways, such as advertising, social networks and forum posting etc, but these are also helpful ways to increase traffic. Thanks :slight_smile:

I agree with this since this is a great opportunity to connect with other people and perhaps expand your network. Being a member of an online community will help you boost your reputation faster because it can prove that you’re really into what you’re talking about.

Sorry folks, you should have read post number ten. If you’d like to discuss SEO, please join a thread in that forum. This forum is for discussion of blogging only.

Thread closed.