We Need a New Official Community T-Shirt

Now that we have a new logo, we reckon it’s time to get a new SitePoint t-shirt. Since it’s a t-shirt that we want our community to wear with pride, we think you should be the ones to design it. If design isn’t your thing, then at least you can have a say in the final decision. So here’s the deal…

A Brief Overview for Those of You That Don’t Know Us Well
sitepoint.com is a popular destination for web designers, developers, and deal makers. One of the most visited sites in the world, sitepoint.com has been helping people build a better web since 1997. We offer a range of educational products including books, kits, and videos and provide tonnes of free content through our blogs, articles and newsletters. Our vibrant community has hundreds of thousands of members - you’re probably one of them.

Target Audience
Our target audience are web designers, web developers, and web business people. In fact, anyone who has a passion for the web!

Requirements
We want the t-shirt design to be “cool, yet professional”. We are looking for a design that will be the official t-shirt of the SitePoint Community, as well as something that SitePoint staff can wear with pride to meetups and similar events. It will need to include the SitePoint logo and name, but those are the only limitations. The rest is up to you. Here’s a link to a vector logo and [URL=“http://www.deviantart.com/download/43939482/Customizable_T_shirt_Template_by_DV_n_tart.jpg”]here is a link to a blank t-shirt template.

The winning entrant will receive the new official SitePoint t-shirt*, a SitePoint coffee mug and the SitePoint book of their choice.

The competition will run for 2 weeks, ending on July 6. After the 14 day design period is finished, SitePoint staff will decide on the top 5 entries which will then be polled here at the SitePoint forums in order to decide on the winning design. *It is important to note that while we do guarantee to choose a winning entry and award a prize, we reserve the right not to use any entry as our official SitePoint t-shirt, should there not be a design that we feel is appropriate.

To enter, upload your designs (which must be on a t-shirt template) into this thread. You may enter as many times as you like. You must be able to supply your design in vector format immediately should you be chosen as the winner. Your design then becomes the property of SitePoint.

For nostalgia reasons only, here are the previous two community shirts. Shows how long I’ve been around this place.

Great competition! I hope I have time to submit an entry.

@HAWK; Do we have to use the logo ‘as is’, or can we change the colors (like the black and white shirt in the photo you posted, where the SP logo is all white) ?

Here’s my submission. I made the design in Inkscape, so it’s vector.
I then used GIMP to put the design in the t-shirt template.

I’ve never done something like this before, so I have no idea if the “design” in vector format is the way you want it.

You can use it in black/white/grey as well if you like.

To be honest I don’t know anything about Inkscape so I can’t answer that question! Ideally we’d like a .ai file or similar, but I imagine a high res pdf would work in a pinch. I can get some clarification around that.

Here’s my (probably first :D) entry.

How does it feel when people try to connect with you?! LOL

EDIT
A variant: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s490/itmitica/itmitica-t-shirt-03.png

EDIT EDIT
Another variant: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s490/itmitica/itmitica-t-shirt-04.png

Code rescuers: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s490/itmitica/itmitica-t-shirt-05.png

Version 1
Trying to come up with something a bit more dynamic at the moment…

what about other members?will they also get t-shirts of course for a price?

Yes most PDF files can opened in Illustrator. In most cases it will even get the layers correct.

Hi

Here is my submission:

Hi,

Variation on a theme :slight_smile:

There are some great ideas coming through guys! Awesome.

I look forward to seeing it. I like what you’ve come up with so far.

We’ll definitely offer them on a Print on demand basis. Unfortunately that makes them a bit pricey.

is it possible to have a t-shirt even if it cost much?!?thanks

Yup. Once we have the design sorted out I’ll add it to our Printfection store.

I really liked your design , as black is my favorite color , it can be used in both personal and professional fronts , i really liked the logo , at the back.

Mitică I love your designs! Awesome. The last one seems the most like one I could see SP staff members walking around a webbish convention with, but they’re all very cool. =^.^=

Thanks Mallory! :slight_smile:

Code probing: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s490/itmitica/itmitica-t-shirt-07.png

I talked my bosses out of using 99designs for this because I wanted it to be part of OUR community, so don’t let me know people! Keep 'em coming. Tell your friends. Tell your pets.

Here is mine. It’s just hacked together but I can quickly clean up if necessary.