Web Design Company charging me a lot for single change. Is it Okay?

I gave an order to a web design company for e commerce website and today they delivered it. The problem is there is no attributes relevant to products ( see the image below for attributes )that are used to filter the search result. E.g Mobile has sim type, front camera, rear camera as attributes and customer use them to filter search results. They have only included 3 filters viz. price, color, size. Even though size is not relevant for mobile it keep displaying every time. When i asked them to add relevant attributes depending on products, they told me that it is beyond the scope of this project. And they also said you need to pay 4 lakhs (Indian Rs) or 6294 (in $) for this feature to be included, which is greater than the e commerce site itself ( it cost me 3 lakhs or 4720 in $ ). Is attrbute management system cost this much ?? Please answer question if you know something about it

First, need to know which technology they use to build the site. If its with any CMS like Magento or Custom?

Any way, it should not be so much costly. If the site hosted in your own hosting, you better switch to a reasonable price/person.

it is custom i told them i want attributes like this site https://paytm.com/shop/g/electronics/mobile-accessories/mobiles.

They said this site has very large set of different attributes and it takes 1-2 months to develop something like this.

What should i do now ?

Which technology is used for your site? If it’s made using any of the open source technologies or CMS systems, it would not have costed that much. For example using WordPress or Magento for developing an eCommerce site gives you freedom to use tons of plug ins to add desired functionalities but on the flip side, if these functionalities are created by developers themselves, it would of course cost a lot. Now, You can ask to developer to fix the problems which you are getting on the page.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.