Web design contest for all skill levels

General Assembly, GoDaddy, and .xyz are running a web design contest open to designers and developers of all skill levels.

You can sign up for free until January 30, where all participants will receive:

• a free GoDaddy hosting account
  • a .xyz domain name
  • 30-day access to GA’s Front Row
  • and up to $500 in GA tuition credit

It’s a great way to test out the latest technologies, practice new tricks, build your portfolio, and show off your skills. There will be 7 winners, where Macbook Airs, Xbox Ones, Jawbone Jamboxes, and Google Chromecasts will be awarded.

You can learn more and register at the contest site, generalassembly.xyz - questions are welcome!

The website is blocked on my network - care to tell us more about the contest?

Sure! The contest is open to all and participants can build anything they’d like (e.g. personal portfolio, blog, a startup website, developer tool, event page). Seven winners in the categories of Best Design, Most Innovative, and Most Popular will win prizes such as the ones listed above.

When you submit your entry form on the website, you will receive an email with details on how to claim your free GoDaddy hosting account, .xyz domain name, and GA credit. Since the site is blocked on your network, email us at hello [at] gen.xyz and we can get you started, if you’d like :smile:

The entry form information we request from participants are:
First Name, Last Name
Email address
Current website
Phone (to contact winners)
Occupation
City, State

What stops me from submitting a really cool project that I made x years ago though?

The website is not blocked at my home but I was at work and it blocked it (they block a lot so I wouldn’t worry too much.)

THanks for the information.