Web Design trends for 2010?

:cool: [FONT=“Book Antiqua”][SIZE=“3”]I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread on the newest trends on website design. This can include front end web design and back end coding. I will start posting some links that I think look good. I hope others will add to this thread by posting links as well as their suggestions on present day web site design principles.

Current Trends

10 Web Trends for 2010

Designers Predict Web Trends

Inspiration for 2009 and 2010

HTML and CSS for 2010

Design Gallery for 2010

Web Colors for 2010

Discussing Wordpress

Working with obsolete code

I know there is much more out there on this subject. And I know many of your SitePoint membe[/SIZE][/FONT]rs have a lot to share on this subject. So thank you in advance! :cool:

Greetings!

It all depends on what kind of purpose your website or blog is serving. Online marketers that pretty-looking sites don’t sell. Colors are important. On top of that, every site is supposed to be user-friendly, easy to navigate and sometimes interactive.

There’s loads of these kind of threads already on the forum, but I will say that Smashing Magazine has some amazing inspiration posts.

If you want galleries, I recommend Drawar, Best Web Gallery & One Page Love. :slight_smile:

Thanks!