Web development project for an auto parts website. Ideas are appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to read over my post. I am wanting to create a website where I am able to have a very easy to manage back end. It would be an ecommerce site with the ability to have a shopping cart. I am curious as to what would be the best format for doing so? So that it was able to be easily maintained by any human being (PC savvy or not) but also safe, secure, and the inventory be constantly expanded.

Thanks,
Sean

Sean,

A few things to consider on a site like this:

1. Choose a system that can easily integrate with a shopping cart AND which has a CMS. You should find decent integrations with Joomla, Wordpress and Drupal.
  2. The best way to stay secure on these sites is to keep current with security patches and make sure you have a very strong password. These are two of your biggest threats for security as all of the above platforms have had security issues in the past.
  3. You may want to spend the money on purchasing a shopping cart, but you may find some free options that will help you with the ecommerce side. The largest limitation that I’ve found with FREE shopping carts is that they sometimes have limited integration (i.e. Paypal only).
    –If you think your volume is going to be decent, I’d recommend having your bank set you up with a web-based credit card solution. The fees are typically less than Paypal.
    –I’ve used ClickCart Pro in the past (paid shopping cart) and was relatively pleased with it.

Good luck,
Ryan

You can use osclass free software for your auto parts website. its just easy like plug and play.
There are many themes available, you can choose the best suit for spare parts.
Maintaining categories is very easy from the admin panel.
payments can be easily integrated with the one click plugin.
it also has user statistical data
also can check for ideas at automotive shopping