Web/Fullscreen browser based kiosk that mixes local and remote content

Hello Sitepoint!

I want to have a non-interactive kiosk display that uses a fullscreen browser displayed on a HD TV.

Here’s where I’m running into trouble: I want to mix local and remote content. The local content is local because it is large. A video for example.

Take this scenario. On my local html page, I have a large video background. Over-layed on this content is an iframe that displays the remote content from our web server.

The problem is, we have our remote pages password protected (using the server software as set up through the Plesk control panel.) Thus, when our kiosk computer loads those pages a dialog pops up asking for a login and password. We do this to keep random web users off of these pages. This works fine. However, when those same pages are loaded into the iframe, there’s no popup asking for a log/pass and the browser, Chrome, just displays the local background video and a displays the message:Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required."

Is there a way to have either that dialog pop up when these pages are loaded into an iframe or, even better, just automatically log in?

Thanks for any help on this.

It’s a feature designed to stop phishing attacks. No login is possible via an iframe unless Chrome browser specially configured to permit. See This

Thank you for your help Sogo!