Web site dns issue after move to google mail?

Hi, we have are moving email for some of our domains to google mail, but are having some dns issues now with website.

Our setup was to have name servers on server using .net version of our domain, the name server config of domains would be set to this in 123reg control panel. This has worked fine till now.

As part of the move to google mail we will be using 123reg name servers for the domain being moved to google mail, this to ensure mail still works if main server has issues.

I have made the changes, entering correct google MX records and what i believe to be correct dns setting to point to the main server for website.

The problem is that the mail works, but the website are not?

It is 24 hours since change, and dns report from http://www.intodns.com shows correct new name servers and mx records, but give error

WWW A Record     ERROR: I could not get any A records for www.getsmaart.com!

(I only do a cache request, if you recently added a WWW A record, it might not show up here.) 

All sites on main server (plesk) use same shared IP, i tried turing off the dns service on plesk for the google mail domains, but still no luck.

Here are the dns settings in 123reg dns CP, am i missing something?

@        MX     10     ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.                      
@        MX     20     ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.                      
@        MX     20     ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.                      
@        MX     30     ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.CO                      
@        MX     30     ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.CO                      
ftp        A         91.192.195.231                      
ftp        CNAME         ftp.getsmaart.com.                      
www        A         91.192.195.231                      
www        CNAME         www.getsmaart.com.

thanks

It works … what’s the problem?

I would make another A & CNAME entry for your domain without the leading www. though.

Regards,

DK

It is working for me (in Eastern Canada) and I did check your DNS configurations and could not see anything wrong with it; however as DK recommends you should create the additional A record without the www.

If you find that this is still not working from the your location then do you have a local hosts file that may be causing this issue?

Steve