Webhosting

Which is the best platform to host my website?

kk,

To do what? That’s like asking what the best transport (not even car, terrain, location, what you plan to carry, etc.). Specificity, if you please!

Then, if you manage to let us know what you want to do, you’ll get personal opinion from all levels of experience, i.e., not worth much.

Regards,

DK

@dklynn:actually sir i needed to know secure and economical platform to host my 10 web-page static website…

[FONT=Verdana]Have you read this thread?

There was also a recent thread asking a similar question: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?886881-Best-hosting-provider That may give you the information you need.[/FONT]

It really depends on what type of site you are making. Since you are asking this question, I assume you are relatively new to this so I always recommend Linux platform on a shared hosting plan for beginners. It is easy to use and easy to modify to your own needs plus it is always cheaper than Windows.

Hi,

It totally depends on your website. If your website is developed in .net than i would suggest you to go with windows hosting and if your website is developed in open source platform than i would suggest you to go with Linux hosting service.

kk,

Okay, IMHO, Apache is the most secure and is definitely the most economical. The other answers are good, too, especially considering the coding language you wish to use.

In another thread, I’d listed my search process when looking for a new host and noted the things I look for, e.g., Apache (version/latest?), PHP (version/latest?), mod_rewrite, cPanel, disk space and traffic limits, etc WHICH ARE ALL DEPENDENT UPON YOUR REQUIREMENTS. If you can’t find that thread, ask here or PM and I’ll post/PM for you.

Regards,

DK

Whenever u are looking for a hosting website choose a list of hosting companies and make an comparison between those web hosting sites regarding the features, bandwidth, hosting plans, prices. For a simple way to analyse the best & cheap hosting website just read the hosting reviews given in this <snip>website. I think it will be more useful to get better results!!!