Webscribble

I CAN NOT MAKE THIS ANYMORE CLEAR THAN THIS DO NOT PURCHASE ANY WEBSITES FROM WEBSCRIBBLE!!! I purchased webjobs 3.5 months ago and it still isn’t up and operational, 1 month ago the owner asked me for money for certain “things”, so I paid in hopes the site would be up and running right away and yet today their owner again asked me for more money. At this point I don’t ever think the site will be up. Their sales people will lie to you. Do your homework and you will see that 16 people have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau. I just filed mine today. If you have had problems in the past with webscribble, please get in contact with me (schubill2001@yahoo.com). I’m in the process of collecting names and contact information. I’m not sure what will come out of it, but I’ll give it to my lawyer and let him proceed accordingly. If you’ve had problems please take 2 minutes to file your complaint with the better business bureau www.bbb.org. Don’t let them take advantage of others, like they have done to us. If your thinking about purchasing webscribble and you want to see for yourself they have a client list on their website. The client list is people giving recommendations on how great webscribble is. I have attempted to contact several of the clients that recommend webscribble and not one exist the phone numbers don’t work and neither do their emails. Try yourself and you will see. Do Not Purchase Webscribble sites.

Did you receive an invoice for each payment request? What did the invoice(s) say?

I’m sorry to see this complaint posted, but perhaps some context will help in this situation.

In November, we installed a working installation of webJobs on this customer’s domain name free of charge. Everything was working at that point. The customer then asked to have some modifications done (such as changing the look) for which we quoted him and performed the work. He expressed his happiness with the work. On Friday he asked for more modifications. After going back and forth, we could not agree on a scope and cost. When the customer became agitated and insinuated multiple times (as he had in the past) that we were being dishonest with him (despite being happy with the modifications performed in the past) we recommended he find another programmer to do this work. I think most people will agree that there’s nothing dishonest about recommending to pay someone else to do programming work for them.

When the customer states his site is not operational, what he really means is that it doesn’t look exactly like he wants it. The items he wants are additions that require some programming work that we don’t have (and didn’t advertise) in the software. In fact, the site is fully operational. I’d welcome him to post his site URL for others to judge for themselves.

We don’t lie to our customers, and we have proof: we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If we lied, all our customers would ask for refunds during that time period and we’d be out of business. We’ve been in business since 2001 and are going strong. This customer had 30 days to review the software to see if it was what he needed. He didn’t ask for a refund within that period.

I’m really not sure what customers you’re referring to here. While we don’t update our client lists daily (and as a result there may be some broken links), but I assure you that the the testimonials and sites used our software. Don’t take our word for it though, if you’re interested in our software, please feel free to contact the people on our clients list.

We’ve really tried to provide this customer great service and unfortunately he has been left unsatisfied. Looking back at his support history, support requests were answered within a business day and in the majority of cases, within a couple hours.

I’m not the only disatisfied customer. Webscribble will tell you what you want to hear, they justify everything. Before I purchased webscribble’s web jobs I questioned their sales guy about all the negative post that I found on the internet about the disatisfied customers. His response let me know that they were competitors bad mouthing them and I would have no such problems and that they did have a tech problem at one time, but now they have a new tech support staff. Their tech support talks down to you and they talk in code that you won’t unerstand to the point where you don’t want to ask anymore questions. The online tech support staff does not help. You will submit a question and what they do is send you a link. The link is to their help section which gives awful instrucitons, which is the reason you were reaching out to the online help desk (They send you in circles). What happens is you buy the site (I bought their best plugins site) and they make it seem as if you can configure it to the way you want. What they don’t tell you is it is a very cheap basic looking site, for upgrades (they call programming) you need to spend more and more money. I was told I could change the color scheme very easily. I tried, and it is impossible. So I called them up and they charged me for $225 3 hours of work, this is about a month ago (this morning I learned from a local professor that teaches webdesign that I reached out to, said that work took maybe an hour). If it was so easy and that I could do it, then why did it take them 3 hours? By the way the default colors they give you for their best site are bright green and bright orange. Is that a color scheme you would want your site to be (neither did I, so i paid them to change it and so will you, because you are not going to want bright orange and bright green as your site colors). The only reason a company would make a site bright orange and bright green is because you know that the person buying it is going to need to change it and you can charge them for it. I have so many more true stories to tell, so if websribble wishes to continue to justify how they work I will continue to tell the people the truth. My next true story will be how many 100s of hours I spent on the site. I have several experiences I can share on how they sent me on “wild goose chases”. Do a google search or do a bing search (do yourself a favor and do both) and type in “webscibble complaints” and you will see the astronomical number of people that feel the same way I do. Take our words for it you are going to pay one price and it is going to cost you a lot more in changes that you are not capable of doing. I posted a couple things yesterday and I had 3 people in less than 24 hours get in contact with me about similar stories. I have found that all of their sites work this way and so will you if you spend 5 minutes looking up their track record. To Webscribble enough is enough stop selling and marketing yourself one way and then giving the people something else!!!

We’ve been in business since 2001 and since then have certainly accumulated some complaints from customers. While we regret those, we definitely learned from each experience and improved our service. That is clear from our BBB report cited by this customer. We’ve only had a single complaint in the last year and it was resolved amicably. With that said, this customer had 30 days to test out the software and ask for a refund if he was unhappy with it for any reason. This customer didn’t ask for a refund within that time period.

Our tech support people don’t talk down to our customers. Sometimes, when you converse by e-mail and live chat as we do, things can come off the wrong way. We’re sorry if we came off as talking down to this customer, that was definitely not our intent.

We do send customers to our documentation when we think it’s helpful and relevant. I’m sorry if this customer didn’t find it helpful, but most of our customers find specific articles very helpful. For anyone who wants to see our webJobs documentation and judge for themselves on its clarity is welcome to. It’s located at http://help.webscribble.com/display/webjobs/Help .

We provide customers several themes to choose from. It’s up to everyone to decide if they like these looks or not (you can see them at http://www.webscribble.com/products/webjobs/themes). In fact, we offer over 10 themes that vary in look and color scheme. These were all available for the customer to view in advance of purchase. The insinuation the we purposely provide templates that are “basic looking” doesn’t really make sense. If we provided unattractive templates people wouldn’t want to buy from us and we’d lose sales, so in fact we have the opposite incentive. Furthermore, this customer knew what he was getting for a template prior to purchase and within the 30 day money back guarantee window, and this is the first I’m hearing of his unhappiness with how our templates look.

We tell our customers we make it as easy as possible to modify the templates. With that said, they are HTML templates, so if you want to change them you need to know HTML. In fact, we list HTML knowledge on our requirements page (http://www.webscribble.com/products/webjobs/requirements.shtml).

With regards to the quote, that’s not really accurate. We were hired to make several changes, one of which was the template modification. We charge for our time and spent at least an hour talking to the customer on the phone to walk him through how to use parts of the software. Furthermore, we gave this quote to him up front. He didn’t have to hire us to do these changes, but he agreed to. If someone else could have done it in an hour as he claims, I’m not sure why he hired us to make the changes.

Again, this is really personal preference. The orange/green template is just one of the several templates we offer standard with the software. This was all available for preview to the customer prior to purchase. He also had 30 days to get his money back if he changed his mind, which he chose not to exercise.

We’re not perfect. We learned from every negative customer experience we’ve had and we’ve definitely learned from this one. We’ve had thousands of customers over the years and the ones that are unhappy are a fraction of that number. The customer cited the BBB report on our company, and if you look carefully at it we’ve only had a single complaint in an entire year. That complaint was amicably resolved. We realize our software is not perfect for everyone, that’s exactly why we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. We want customers to be happy with the software they purchase and get sufficient time to try it out. We think a month is more than enough to do this and almost all of our customers agree.

I’ll make it easy for customers that are looking into buying a webscribble product. Here are links to complaints. In 5 mins, this is what I was able to come up with.

These below were on the first page of bing doing a Webscribble complaint search

webclassifieds-webscribble-buyer-testimonial.info

www.datingsoftwarereviewer.com/review/comment/69

w.webscribble-webdate-support.com/skadate-t87.html

community.webscribble.com/forum/f21/resume-wizard-does-not-work-webjobs-3-a-74.html

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080603151758AAGaeW6

These were on the 1st page of doing a Google Webscribble complaint search

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548463

http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/Webscribble.aspx

http://www.my3cents.com/search.cgi?criteria=Web+Scribble+Solutions+Inc.

www.oblurb.com/webscribble.html

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=613894

I’m providing people with the information (the links) to prove to you that you are going to run into the same problems that I and uncountable number of others have. These are just the links I found under webscribble complaints on the 1st page!!! Can you imagine how many other 100’s of complaints that are out there. Please Please Please do not fall into the same trap I did. People attempted to warn me with post’s that I found on the internet and I didn’t listen. I called webscribble and they sold me on the theory that things have changed or it wasn’t them and it was there competitors. I’m a beliver in that everyone deserves a chance or even a second chance. Well since they hadn’t done me wrong in the past I’ll give them that chance. The biggest mistake, they “did me” like they do to everyone else. I’ve owned several companies for over 15 years and not once have I had a complaint with the better business bureau and they make 16 complaints seem like it is such a small number. Only 16 people may have filed complaints, but you will find a whole lot more than 16 complaints on the internet. You just don’t treat clients and customers the way they do and sooner or later they will get the point. Maybe its the day they close their doors or maybe its after we are able to spread the truth to enough people that sales suffer, but people need to know what they are buying and I will continue each and everyday to make sure they know.

Of all the sources this customer has cited, the BBB is probably the most reliable and unbiased. They ensure that any complaints filed are legitimate and are not filed by competitors or non-customers. I mentioned it in my previous posts, but I would really strongly urge people to take a look at that report closely. You’ll find that we’ve only had a single complaint within the last year and it was resolved amicably.

There is no doubt that after having serviced thousands of customers over the years we’ve had some cases where we left customers less than satisfied. Many of the examples above are old reviews and many have been responded to and since resolved. With that said, anyone who decides to purchase our software has the option of asking for a refund within 30 days for any reason. This customer didn’t ask for a refund within that 30 days. There is absolutely no risk in trying our software. If a customer is unhappy for any reason and asks for their money back within 30 days, we’ll be more than happy to refund their order.