Website doesn't look the same on a widescreen computer?

So if you go to hendersonsaddle.com it looks fine on a regular computer, but when I look at it on a widescreen computer, all the elements are off. How can I get it to look the same on both computers?

using 50%, 75% is what makes it look weird anyhow. because it’s not looking fine on regular resolutions also.

now, i don’t want to discourage you, but that site is looking like the works of a little primary school girl.

getting technical: desert3.bmp? really?

I kinda like it. it’s retro!

some suggestions tho:
that BG picture is a HUGE FILE… that si really bad… save it as a jpg and update your CSS…
DELETE the ALL BRs. You dont need them, you also dont need "Class=“inform” then
in your css change .inform to #bodycontent p and add this rule padding-bottom:2em

Change “Navigation” to a UL instead of a DIV… DELETE THE BRs!!!
add the following #navigation{padding:0; margin:0}
#navigation li{ margin-bottom:1em}

add this
h1 {margin-top:0;}

Finally, to address your question, … why did you use percentages for image size?

1. if you were thinking it would shrink your images w/o you having to use a photo program ( like Photoshop or paint)… WRONG!!
  2. Even if that was the case, you need to steer away from that because it will make your site full of huge image files to load… and you dont want that… EVEN if the site looks right, people wont stay long enough to see it load completely
  3. this is why you notice the difference in alignment … as your IMGs scale, they are calculated on a different original size for each ( since each image is a different size, originally)… anyway… thus when your screen size changes, your image size changes, but not only that they change disproportionately to each other.
  4. ODDLY ENOUGH. #desert could be sized to WIDTH=“100%” HEIGHT=“100%” so that the image would stretch to cover the whole screen but no more.

Anyway… its late here… but i hope I have given you a few pointers that will help you get to where you wanna go with this site

g’luck

Well I totally thought I knew what I was doing, but turns out that what I was doing six years ago was dumb stuff and styling text… I have bought a million and one books, but I need something simple for now.

Thanks so much Pheonix, you were a HUGE help!!!

I got started with Ian Lloyd’s “Build Your Own Web Site the Right Way Using HTML and CSS”, which is old enough to be in your local library or a second-hand book shop. It will teach you basic semantic elements and basic css which you could probably translate to this current site too (Lloyd’s book is VERY basic but should cover the kinds of things you’re doing on this site).