nick04 — 2012-09-01T06:16:18-04:00 — #1
One of my close friend had a site dedicated to latest fashion trends. Website URL: www(dot)fashionsdesigns2012(dot)(com)
She worked really hard for it. Now as per google the site does not comply with their guidelines. This is the message she has got:
[B]"Dear site owner or webmaster of fashionsdesigns2012
We've detected that some of your site's pages may be using techniques that are outside Google's Webmaster Guidelines.
Specifically, we detected low-quality pages on your site which do not provide substantially unique content or added value. Examples could include thin affiliate pages, doorway pages, automatically generated content, or copied content. For more information about unique and compelling content, visit http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66361.
We encourage you to make changes to your site so that it meets our quality guidelines. Once you've made these changes, please submit your site for reconsideration in Google's search results.
If you have any questions about how to resolve this issue, please see our Webmaster Help Forum for support.
Google Search Quality Team"[/B]
What is wrong with the site and what we can do to resolve this issue? Any help would be appreciated.
serverstorm — 2012-09-01T11:06:35-04:00 — #2
Some things to consider:
- Ensure that you don't have any unlicensed graphics, documentation or third-party services
- Make sure that you don't have any copyright infrindgment
- Get rid of nefarious back-linking SEO tricks
- Add description and alt tags to your images to all your images.
- Google is picky with a site offering other 'Free Ads" on the website; I've seen them ban site for simply having 'Free Ad' links on the same page where Google AdSense ads are kept.
- Probably the biggest issue is the lack o real content versus pictures - difficult yes as it is a fashion site. Have a better ratio of descriptive unique text and images.
system — 2012-09-01T18:15:50-04:00 — #3
Stealing photos from other sites is a common reason for that warning.
nick04 — 2012-09-02T05:39:10-04:00 — #4
Thanks for your prompt reply. Will try to fix above issues.
Thanks to you too.
mittineague — 2014-09-26T19:01:07-04:00 — #5
This topic is now archived. It is frozen and cannot be changed in any way.