giokr — 2012-09-15T11:52:55-04:00 — #1
My new website: http://www.monoprosfores.net is up and running
Could you please inform me about your review and comments about the navigation and the design of this webpage?
I will not request review of the content because the language is not English.
Thank you very much!
itouch_cv_s — 2012-09-16T03:10:20-04:00 — #2
site nav looks fine, and you're right, can't understand a word !
I think the google ad's at the top spoiles the design though - especially considering the rest of the site looks clear and clean. .
ralphm — 2012-09-16T05:29:52-04:00 — #3
I'm not sure if the header is displaying the way you want, but the left and right sides look a bit broken to me.
Anyhow, the text looks a bit cramped, with not enough space between the text and the sidebar, and between the columns of text.
Other than that, it's all Greek to me. :lol:
connor4312 — 2012-09-16T16:30:42-04:00 — #4
Warning: I'm a kind of critical reviewer, but don't take anything personally. I'm just trying to help you make your site better! That said, your site needs a lot of work.
From the top, on the stuff you have:
- The header bars are messed up: http://puu.sh/15LTy
- I'm not entirely sure what the pig on the balloon is supposed to be. Regardless, spend more time on it - the edges look very jagged.
- The heading image is just... weird, it looks like one image was place on top of another. I would redo it entirely. http://puu.sh/15Mqt
- You have a box in the clouds - but there's nothing in it! Looks very strange. Oh, I know why:
- I had Adblock on. Now that it's off... That is just a uniquely horrible place to put ads - and they don't even fit into the design. It's like a scar on the face of your clean website design. Move 'em or remove 'em.
- Not entirely sure what this thing is to the right of the slideshow arrow (http://puu.sh/15M07), but it doesn't seem very useful. I would take it out.
- Add some padding to your sidebar content boxes.
- I assume that you're going to insert pictures and spice up the content area a bit.
- The random clouds are unneeded and don't add the the design.
- "More articles" seems out of place.
- Arial is overused - get a unique (not to say bad/unreadable) font.
- Pagitnation just doesn't excite me.
- The footer could use work. Make it go all the way across the page, and give padding inside the boxes. Also, the ads don't fit (in terms of size) correctly.
- Use ems, not pts.
- YSlow actually likes your page - good job!
Now, a couple things you don't have:
- Is that a homepage? There's no text or headlines to draw the user in - they're just presented with a long page on twelve point text.
- Search could be useful
newsheadlines — 2012-09-20T08:59:52-04:00 — #5
I understand all, except the words
Nice design. I think, you can improve the heading part of the site.
marksmit — 2012-09-21T02:37:13-04:00 — #6
Can't understand the language but overall a nice website. Some alignment problem in header section.
nikelecy — 2012-10-02T17:53:59-04:00 — #7
Hi, Greek or Cypriot? I am Cypriot. Site is good, I would suggest to add a forum so the visitors can communicate and speak about the offers. If was good etc...
maartenvr — 2012-10-18T14:37:36-04:00 — #8
A few points from me:
- For me there is too much stuff moving around. It is distracting from the content. I am assuming you are all after clicks, and not the content?
- Every text block has the same icon. I think you would have more credibility if you had a different one for each?
- Footer is very empty.... Need more stuff in there, or make it smaller.
kuszeras — 2012-10-21T05:13:21-04:00 — #9
Hi, I think the design is clean. I don't get a word there so I will focus only on the design and layout .
The design is clean but for me it is too empty. I would like to see light borders to distinguish each article maybe. Now I am quite confused (but maybe that is because I don't know what is written). I would add more images to the site as well - make them different. The right sidebar seems too empty as well.
dotem — 2012-11-11T09:59:34-05:00 — #10
The logo is a bit pixelated, it seems the header itself hasn't been set up properly. My guess is that the background was set behind the div and a stretched image on top of it. You should streamline the header and place everything into one .header div.
zjustyoum — 2012-11-18T19:33:02-05:00 — #11
Nice design! It loads quickly, clean webpage, the only thing is i dont understand Greek:(