Website reviews

Hi! everyone this is my new first e-commerce website a part of my course i designed using shopify,need reviews feedback and your suggestions which is very important to me and help me in improving my knowledge in designing and developing and what’s latest trends in today’s online market.
Thanks & appreciate it!!

https://cst8267040771241.myshopify.com/

If its first site then pretty good but for real life eCommerce you need to put more efforts on it,need to advertise to sell products put ads on homepage sale products etc.

Rate- 4/5 Good. :slight_smile: keep it up & good luck!

This could be a really interesting site, but at the moment I find it rather confusing. The description of the business says it is a wedding planning service, but the site appears to sell clothing and accessories; there is no information about planning at all.

The site is called “wedding styles”, but the home page text talks entirely about favours for a wide range of occasions. I don’t see these favours anywhere on the site.

The main pictures on the home page show very much western-style weddings, with other traditions also shown. That led me to expect a really interesting site, covering a range of traditions, but the actual content is almost exclusively Asian. If that’s the area you intend to concentrate on, then I’d recommend doing that. Remove all the western traditional pictures to make it clear that your focus is on other traditions.

Your items need more information about them, including sizes for clothing/shoes. (And you should remove the “default title” text from the prices.) You also need to rethink the way your catalogue is organised. Some major items - such as the western-style wedding gown, can only be accessed from the main catalogue, not from any section.

I think the site has potential, but it needs some care and attention to tidy it up and make it more user-friendly.

If you’re running a Shopify or other ecommerce site I’d recommend you look into a community. Why? Simple, really. It gives your customer base a platform to participate in conversations. If they have questions, they will ask them. If they have gripes about your business, you can address them there, too. When you have an active (or semi active) community going, Google will start picking it up.

And, since Google picks up phrases that look like questions, your community topics will show up, increasing the likelyhood of that user to head to your community and ultimately your store. The best thing? This is exactly the type of user you want to see convert, and it involves no money spent on SEO techniques.

@MScott - did you realise, when you offered your opinion, that this is a site built as part of a college course? Your advice may be very sound for a real business, but at the moment, rather more basic feedback on the site would be helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.