Website uploading

Is there any place or website where we can upload our website without domain name, without any purpose of website, I mean just to show your creation to your friends, family, etc.

There are actually quite a few options, as long as the site is straightforward (just HTML, CSS etc.) You could use DropBox, for example, or maybe throw something up on GitHub Pages.

1 Like

Just have to ask, do you want to leave this up forever or just a place where you can put something for a short time?

I ask because if not perment you can find free servers to install in your computer and even on android to serve your pages. Then you can search for and find a dymamic dns service to route traffic to your computer to serve your pages.

There are several ddns services out there that are free just search for free ddns. The drawbacks are your site will not be available when your computer is off. Also if you serve from mobile I would only serve when connected to a home network.

I have a setup like this for testing or if I need to make a file available to someone to download that I can’t send through email.

1 Like

If you can show them on your laptop/desktop then no reason to put it online as you can run a ‘web’ server on your computer dead easy.

this will run a ‘web’ server with php, mysql, apache which you can build all of the websites offline and just on your computer. It doesn’t need to be installed just runs on a windows machine from an .exe and you can take it with you and view it on other peoples machines.

I’m reasonably sure you can run Uniform Server from a USB too. Before I started tinkering with VMs, it was my preference for a local WAMP server on my local machine.

A lot of ISPs offer a small amount of web hosting for personal use - sharing with family - at least I haven’t found one here in Australia that doesn’t.

1 Like

Ya know that’s true here in the USA as well. I forgot about that. Not sure every service offers this but I know most do. Here your space is usually named similar to the email address provided.

If you want to take a few minutes to set up an AWS free-tier account, S3 (Amazon’s cloud storage platform) is a good option for hosting static sites. You can check out this tutorial. All you need to do once your account is set up is to use the AWS command line sync tool to sync a folder from your computer to an S3 bucket that people can view your site from.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.