Website Value Calculation

Hello,

I’m trying to come up with an algorithm to value a website’s worth, now I know there are a few out there that do this already, but I would like some general or possibly quite verbose answers/views on how to achieve the end figure.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

software hardly ever can predict a true value of a website. two major factors of a website value are revenue and domain quality which most software would fail to make a fair judgement on.

as a basic value calculator you could try few things and assign a importance factor for them:
if a domain consists of generic words. domain length.
age of domain
alexa rank
no of backlinks on Yahoo
google pr
compete rank

Thanks for your reply!

I too was thinking along the same path as you mentioned and will look towards coming up with some kind of formula.

Many thanks again

I own<snip>
Basically <it> estimates with using following values.
estimated daily uniqueview(which is maybe the most important factor),
appraisal daily pageview,
estimated daily advertisement income(which will help to indicate the logical price of the domain),
alexa rank,
domain google pagerank,
search engines google,yahoo and bing index status (Indexing is one of the hardest factor if you have a big website, so I believe that search engine visibility is very important calculating the website value).
domain age(which is very important ranking factor for search engines),
social media visibility, share count of your site on social media shows that your website has quality content(facebook, twitter, google+),
backlink count(google,yahoo,bing,alexa and total external backlink count. backlink quality is important than the backlink count but still backlink count is an important factor)