Website vs CMS, Advice needed!

I’ve had teh same dilema recently and went with Wordpress in the end. I bought a premium theme @ $50 from theme forest and have customised it. The reason I went with Wordpress was twofold: 1. It’s really easy to create pages. 2. The plugins that simplify design and functionality.

A CMS will not impede you from adding a blog or a forum to your site. In fact a lot of them integrate naturally with your open source CMS. The issue with most CMS systems is that you sacrifice load speed.

Hope it helps!

You can integrate everything in cms from gallery to directory etc… But if you know html and you want full independence then your first choice should be html. Because although you can get many feature with CMS but even than you won’t have freedom to do 100% customization. I have two websites of my own one is cms based and other one is html based (which i can customize 100%).

I would use a CMS and for a blog Wordpress is absolutely amazing. You have a gazillion of developers/theme creators, so you’re not gonna be stuck with a site no one can develop/design. If you want to add a forum I do NOT recommned a Wp plugin. You need a specialized platform (I like mYBB for free and xenforo for paid scripts), since the entire system is very complex. You’ll deal with spam, with all kinds of settings and it’s good to have something that was created specially for this. I do run various wordpress/xenforo combinations and they work great.

I prefer to use CMS and you can find a lot of extension for Joomla. My friend told me that Wordpress is always easy compare to Joomla but it work differently for me. I don’t, it might be because I get started with Joomla. For me Joomla is the best. I use to create a blog using Joomla. It’s make easy to manage my page layout with the position. Correct me if I’m wrong

I’m sorry for the link, I though that just might be helpful…thank you moderator, peace :slight_smile:

Hey! i guess you should go with a CMS, this is much easier, and now they’ve got many functions, so managing a site can be easy (you could even have someone less technical do it for you if yiou want). The post here got advice on how to understand whether you need a CMS or not.

Although all the features you are asking can be served by wordpress, zoomla, drupal. I ll suggest to use custom design for better experience and control over them. As I see your project will require use of many plugins and all the time it may decrease over all efficiency.

[FONT=Verdana]As it’s been three months since the OP last returned to this thread, I think we can assume he’s found his solution.

Thread closed.[/FONT]