Website works in offline safari preview from Dreamweaver, but broken online

Hi,

I’m modifying my website offline in dreamweaver. When I preview it in Safari it looks fine but there are a few problems when I make it live.

As I am quite new to this I have been copying the whole file system from filezilla ‘htdocs’ onto my mac then modifying the files in dreamweaver and transferring the files wholesale onto filezilla when finished.

The issues are small, such as a pop up link leading to the wrong .html file when live but when I search for this error in the code it’s nowhere to be found. Other problems are details such as text which has been deleted offline remains there online, some altered pop up window sizes are the wrong size again but not others. Images appear fine offline but squashed online.

I have been saving each change as I go along and previewing in Safari. All looks fine until I transfer the files to make it live. It appears to not be updating the changes or reverting to an earlier version when transferred. The strange thing is that some changes are fine others aren’t.

I imagine I’m just being a bit stupid and this is very simple but I’ve tried everything I can think of: validating the code and tidying HTML. The main page isn’t live but you can see some problems on this page: www.londonglassworks.com/gallery_still_archive_2.html namely:

Large image squashed to the right
Ingrid Ruegemer pop up - website address text has been deleted but shows here
Roger Partridge Pop Up window should be smaller

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hannah

[FONT=Verdana]Hi Hannah and welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

I’m not seeing any of the issues you describe here - it all looks OK to me in both Firefox and Chromium. I suspect you might have a browser caching problem. Try clearing the cache in your browser and then view the on-line version again. If the problem persists, let us know and we’ll take it from there. :)[/FONT]

Thanks Technobear!

You’re right, it has sorted most of the problems on that page, I think the squashed image may be sorted elsewhere. I will check the other page tomorrow, but in the meantime thank you! :slight_smile:

[FONT=Verdana]Viewing the properties for that image, I see

600px × 860px (scaled to 420px × 520px)

That doesn’t keep the aspect ratio of the original image; you need to change the declared size to 420x602px, or 363x520px. Or better still, resize the image to the dimensions you want it to display at and use those. :)[/FONT]

Perfect, thanks again! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: