What a content website needs in 2010

First of all, I’m not looking for a review of my current site (designed in 2005). I am planning a re-design of my content based website. I am looking for advice on what feautures a content based website should contain in 2010…for example ‘share’ facility, integreation with facebook etc

Before I post my url, I just want to know if I have posted this in the correct area if not can you advise mod. Thanks

content oriented are like article directories right?

Moved to a more appropriate place, though Rudy’s comment is appropriate - all sites are content based. Do you mean CMS based, informational, inspirational, …???

what is a “content based website”? more to the point, what kind of a website is ~not~ based on content?

What I mean is that content is published everyday on the website, a bit like a newspaper. Users log on to read the funny overheard quotes and I want to offer users a facility to share a funny quote with their firends. The only sharing tool I can think of is stumbleupon.

I don’t have many suggestions, but I do like the like/share on facebook idea, but I checked out your website and got a good laugh; very funny!

Yes exactly

My URL is www.overheardindublin.com

I think cosmic is talking about having it more SEO focused, isn’t it ?