I want to sell a website, but when it is sold, what happens then? What steps do i have to take to make al things actually happen besides getting the money. I came up with:
- Transfer the domainname
- Backup all files
- Send all files to the buyer
- Send all the usernames and passwords
Besides that, with what things do i have to deal with?
I guess it entirely depends on the site.
1) What type of site do you have (forum / web app / blog etc)?
2) Does the site come with members or a 3rd party hosted list (e.g. Aweber)
3) What the approx value you think your site will sell for? This will influence how cautious you need to be and what steps you should take to protect yourself?
I'm also interested with website selling.. any more suggestions on how to deal with this thing? Thanks.
i know i have to backup things but how do you think i must transfer al things. for example a wordpress blog, sold for $200. included with a twitteraccount and a youtube channel.
Why not transfer also the hosting account. This way you only transfer the domain and after that give the owner the hosting details.
simmering, I've got a detailed guide here if you're interested.
Great, thanks, i'm going to read it tonight!
Ya actually all the details which you have got of your website,you need to send them to the seller.
What we do is after selling our site, we offer lifetime customer service to our clients. This will help you build a good relationship with your clients and build a high trust rating in Flippa.
This topic is now archived. It is frozen and cannot be changed in any way.