planbpayments — 2013-06-10T13:04:41-04:00 — #1
In addition to link building and directory submissions, what are the best SEO practices, that we should follow in order to rank our website well on search engines?
system — 2013-06-11T00:21:03-04:00 — #2
The best SEO techniques:
1. Encourage respected, industry-related websites to link to your web pages
2. Satisfy the search engines' appetite for informative text
3. Do some keyword research
4. Make sure each web page has a unique title and unique content
5. Use your keywords in your web pages
6. Speak your target market's language
7. Update the text content of your website
8. Study your site's statistics
9. Add interactive features to your website
10. Look at your competitors' site content
stevie_d — 2013-06-11T03:08:08-04:00 — #3
This question has been asked and answered many, many times before. Please read the [SEO FAQ or use the [url=http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/search.php]Search](http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?182915-FAQ-Search-Engine-Optimization) facility to find past discussions.
If, after reading those, you've still got any specific questions that haven't been answered, please do come back and start a new thread. In the meantime, I'm closing this one.