What are these Web Host Add-ons?

What are these extra features, and do I need them? I am looking to use my websites to market on google and other paid advertising platforms. Thanks for your suggestions!

SiteLock Domain Security

• $12.95 per year More information
    Site Backup Pro
  • $12.95 per year More information
    Domain Whois Privacy
  • $9.95 per year HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Bluehost Webhosting

The sitelock feature seems designed to protect your website from hacking like malware, cross site scripting, etc. Seems like they should do that without extra payment anyway. I’d ask Bluehost directly about that one.

I’d also ask Bluehost what the Backup Pro includes. A host generally backups your website and databases on a scheduled basis. But always make a local copy if you utilize their Pro service or not.

The Whois feature will not list your personal information (mailing address, email address, etc.) when someone does a Whois look up online for your domain name. This feature will list generic info to protect your identity from spammers and such. A business may want it listed anyway to prove they are the ones that indeed own that particular domain name.

You dont need them . Bluehost can bait you in , check out some ads here on this forum , great companys offering great deals

It is pretty sad those features require you to pay. I get all of those features for free of charge. I think it is just ludicrous to be paying for those NECESSARY features in this day and age.

You are both awesome. Thank you for your response.

I think you already received your answers and seem satisfied with them.

SiteLock is an offering from www [dot] sitelock [dot] com which really ends up being an image you get from them to put on your website that gives your viewers a bit of comfort because at the end of the day, Bluehost manages their servers and ensures the security of the servers so you don’t really need this service.

Site Backup is unecessary because in the control panel, you can download a backup anytime you want directly from the server. I guess if you don’t trust yourself to download a backup routinely then it might be worth the cost.

And domain privacy as explained above by other members is so that your Name, Address, Phone Number, and Email address are not publicly displayed but you only need to purchase this from them if they will be your domain registrar.