What are your practical tips in content marketing?

I used my vacant times to make money online, but I realized I cannot create a passive income doing freelance jobs all the time - so I tried creating a blog about “making money online”, as I believe it will create a passive income in the long run. So, I have spent my own cash and other online income to build a blog about the topic. Today, I am trying to figure out many things, as to what to take or not. I know this is like gambling, but I am willing to lose, as long as I have done by best. At this point, I want to gather as many opinions from you.

Are you on content marketing? What are your practical tips? Let me share mine, and tell me if I am in the right path:

1. I buy articles, not from anywhere, but from a person I know from an article writing sites. She provides me content according to my suggestion - I also write, but I want to post regularly so I decided to hire one for it.

2. I have compiled 20+ high pr bookmarking sites, and I made an editorial calendar or a regular visit to these sites. Does this help?

3. I am planning to submit articles at ezine - so my writer has prepared some original 500-word article for the planned submission. It is her suggestion.

4. I planned to write for technorati - and so far my application is under review. It is my idea.

5. I joined forums, okay, I want to be honest, I joined Site Point because of the said back links, but Site Point itself have mentioned it’s not dofollow ( so it’s clear to me now), so today I am here for ideas - and I swear I want to hear your honest opinions… I want to learn a lot.

Can we talk productively? You share please :slight_smile:

Image credit: dreamstime

Everything you are doing sounds good. I would add submitting comments to blogs that are related to your field as a way to build good related links to your website.

There are few things which would help, as you are targeting making money niche so it is too competitive niche you have to understand competition in this niche first. If possible try to research keyword and use less competitive keywords. Maintain keyword density, do on-page optimization perfectly, don’t do on-page optimization in the old way, try to do according to what panda and penguin say. Your page should look user friendly, it should have images, videos, some main points should be in bold, underline etc. Try to do internal linking.

Nowadays, link building is very difficult, however, building links slowly, naturally help, try to build link via guest post on authority sites, it would help and you don’t have to stop, you have to work continuously and you have to keep checking your progress, you can also follow Google webmaster tool and you have to go according to this tool as well.

Thank you for that suggestion - yeah, I will also try that one, and since I have a lot to do, am trying to do things one at a time to maintain quality or focus :slight_smile:

Thank you.

1. understanding to my chosen niche even further, as in understanding the competition, and strategies of my competitors
  2. Internal link building - am not really familiar with this but thanks, I will look for more info about internal link building
  3. Guest posting - am planning about this…

Thank you so much! Noted!

Its is important to create a great and a relevant content in a presentable manner. For a content marketing, its important to assess the knowledge that an individual possesses and whether it is acceptable by the online target audiences or not. The content marketing should be effective enough to deliver the highly target audience group members.Also for an effective content marketing, the content created and provided should hold a certain level professionalism and serve the need and interests of the audiences.

Content is king, no doubt to it! If you are using content marketing then a little knowledge of keyword research would also help a lot, try to research keyword and get your article written based on low competitive keywords and test one article how it ranks then move forward.

Hi

The work done by you is appreciable, I would like to suggest you that the content marketing plays an important role, the content should be unique, and you should update regularly to keep Your links active, by commenting or providing information.

Thank you for that, I am posting at least once day!

Sounds like you are on the right track, but you did pick a competitive niche…

On the productivity side, I’d suggest using IFTTT.com. If you set it up properly, you can make it automatically broadcast your blog posts to a bunch of your social media accounts (FB, twitter, tumblr, …) That saves you a lot of time.

<snip>