What CMS System Do I Need?

I am looking at the near impossible task of putting all of the small independent shops in my town under one eCommerce umbrella.
I am looking for a eCommerce CMS witch can be used like a market place. Multiple sellers all in charge of their own page or section, with their own products, terms etc, but all under one umbrella.

So you can either look on shop A’s section of the site and browse through all their products, or you can browse through all furnature for example, and see products in the furniture section for every shop.

Maybe a feedback system would be good too.

I haven’t used any CMS before for eCommerce, so if someone can send me on my way with a recomendation then that would be great.

Thanks for any help anyone could give me.

hello, thegooser123!

And what about payments? Will you manage all the payments or the sellers will have their own accounts and payment methods?

I was planning on paying the sellers at the end of each day.

You might try shopperpress Wordpress Template. Wordpress itself support multi site, I never used it before, but you can give it a try.

Magento probably has everything you need but it can be a bit of a pain to customize.

Might be worth looking into a simple wordpress cms site with the amember and ecommerce plugins

I think if you’re creating an umbrella site that houses all of these distinct businesses you’re going to want something really flexible. You’re also going to need to have a thorough understanding of how to create the site (within the CMS platform) that will separately house each business. I’d love to be working on this project but I’d want to have quite some time to put into the planning to make sure it was right before writing a line of code.

I’d either use a Drupal multisite (if they all have different URLS) or maybe a Drupal Organic Group site where each group would serve as a site for the businesses. You can either use Drupal Commerce, Drupal eCommerce or Ubercart for the eCommerce part.

You can even use Magneto with Drupal and there is a Drupal Group dedicated to just that purpose. Drupal Magneto Group: http://groups.drupal.org/magento

Hmm, since wordpress is easy to customize but it have security issues. So i would suggest to go with drupal or joomla as their security is much higher than other cms.

I think you are looking for this:

but it’s not free

I would recommend having a look at Drupal multi site.