What Competitions Would You Like To See Here?

Instead of a competition, how about a joint project to:

1. launch a new website
  2. designed by members
  3. written by PHP programmers
  4. content provided by members
    4 optimised by SEO gurus.

The goal is to earn cash which will be donated to a designated charity.

I have a spare host and willing to buy a new domain name - any takers or ideas on a theme?

How about a Sitepoint Forum Member’s Site for the Month?

Valid sites must post a link back to the Competition Webpage.

Winners receive a Sitepoint Logo Award which they post on the site (maybe good for SEO Brownie Points).

Any competitive content would be ok I think. The real draw would be in the prizes.

While you could offer sitepoint merchandise, an even bigger draw would be commercial products such as an MSDN subscription, a commercial MySQL license, a Photoship license, or whatever fits the contest. If it’s a logo design contest, then obviously a photoshop license would be in order.

With the cost of these prizes though you’d have to ensure a quality contest. One that would not only inspire and challenge, but one where the end result would be actively used somewhere. Nobody wants to design something just to have it fall into obscurity.

Hi what about sun set Photography Competition …
Nice idea …

Photoshop Tennis Match! Oh how I miss those days!

How about some SEO competitions!

THIS IS MY LEGION OF SEO MINIONS… FEAR ME

I’d love to see “Design Redux” competitions, where a random, fairly popular website is chosen every month, and users work together to redesign it and code the client side in the best way possible. The idea stems from the popular design redux’s that Andy Rutledge performs on his blog.

http://www.andyrutledge.com/google-redux.php

I think the bigger question is… what’s the prize??? :slight_smile: e-books are nice but to me…they are… eh~~~

Someone already some something similar, about charities, but how about we accessify university web sites?

I would never be surprised to hear a Facebook app doesn’t work with keyboard— that’s typical. Special commercial software? What can you do but wait on them to fix it, since it’s closed source? But college/university web sites… that’s open code. Anyone can make it better, if the school agreed to it.

I’d like to see a donut eating competition as part of a re-branding initiative in which the name is changed from sitepoint to donutpoint.