What Digital Camera Would You Recommend?

Well, Nikon people will surely recommend something from their product line, which is fine. As i’m from the Canon clan, i’ll try to go with Canon:

All depends from your budget, really. I would recommend Canon 5D Mark II - as a balance of price and quality. For a lower budget - 400D (the Rebel one). Then, you have to get a good lens that fits to your needs…

I just got a new canon 16.7 megapixel camera. Now, I finally understand how having a higher MP camera can enhance images - especially those of people. Has anyone else found the same?

[FONT=“Georgia”]That’s mostly for the sake of printing. Higher resolutions can print larger.

You have an added benefit of being able to crop to your subject tighter, but presumably you shoud crop as tight as you can while shooting, rather than while photo-editing.

Sharpness and clarity of your photographs have more to do with lenses (and focus and aperture) than resolution.

[/FONT]

From 2 MP you can already print perfect pictures on A4 paper size (30*20 cm).

I have a digital camera with 6 MP. I can print very large pictures, specially when I save them in RAW format, I can get the pictures super large so I have > 250 Mb per picture… (depending on the format .tiff, .psd, …) to print on extra large canvasses etc…
So I mostly save the RAW format and convert to .jpg as tiny as possible (otherwise it takes shitloads of space on the hard disk). If I want the bigger picture, I reopen the RAW format and let it recalculate to a huge large .jpg.

So for me, > 6 MP camera’s are totally idiot.

Question yourself how many times you print a picture so big to cover a 5 meter long wall …
A few months ago I printed 2 canvasses of about 110*55 cm with my 6 MP camera. Already big enough.

If you want to make pictures for the web. Make sure your pics aren’t higher than 50 Kb per picture. Otherwise it takes longer to load. Specially when you have more than one picture on your page. Also think about lots of people with telephone-line-modems (slow internet). There are lots of them in poor countries.

I too love taking lots of photographs. But for a limited budget
I only use a sony digital camera. I can’t afford compact cameras, they’re far too expensive. Since I’m highly skilled with Photoshop, my sony digital camera works well for me.

I seriously would consider a Canon EOS series camera if I was you. Canon makes great CMOS sensors which are considered to be the best in the world. They outperform the Nikon and the Sony sensors for grain, noise and edges.

anyone from Nikon, Canon or Sony!!

i recommend the hewlett-packard R937 camera

AHAHAHAHAHAHA…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Folks, when it comes in camera, nothing is best other than Canon SLR products. Trust me, its very user-friendly and can provide you additional and advanced features… I use it on my profession when doing photoshoot with my models…

For that kind of photography, you need close focusing lens. For DSLR close focus lens are EVERY expensive (some times MORE than the camera).

So I would suggest sticking wih high end P&S (as they alway can do close focus). Canon G10 is a VERY good camera.

good luck…

Good camera, nice kitlens. But not good with non-AF lenses.

Be sure you buy a camera body that has an auto focus motor, so non AF lenses are compatible.