What do you like between Laptop & desktop?

My first preference is Laptop.

I preferred desktop.

I like desktop and laptop both.but laptop is best for carrying and desktop is best for official working.

They do and I have one. There are gaming laptops with high end graphic cards as well but they tend do be pretty clunky. The one I have is somewhere in the middle and while you won’t max out the graphics on GTA4 or Skyrim, they run flawlessly on decent settings. So does my desktop, as a matter of fact, so there’s literally no difference in computing power.

That’s why I use a laptop most of the time. In fact, I left my desktop behind at my parents when I moved - no point in cluttering up space with a thing that won’t do anything more than a portable laptop does.

Of course, when it comes to gaming there is so much mileage you can squeeze out of a laptop. New games ramp up requirements on graphic cards pretty fast and the graphic card is one of many things you won’t upgrade in a laptop. So for serious gaming a desktop is pretty much a must.

I used to use a netbook for traveling too but I’ve changed that to a Galaxy Note which takes far less space (obviously, it’s a phone) and yet I can still do everything I would do on a netbook when traveling, sometimes more, like using gps.

Best for me is laptop :slight_smile: Only the reason is that I can carry it wherever I go …

<snip>

I prefer desktop.

laptop is my first choice

I like both, dude. For working on coffee shop i bring my mac. And I use my desktop to work at home and gaming.

One is portable and easy to use the other is there for your back up of information. Then you have a 3 tera byte back of that information and then your music for your iphone.

I like high-end desktop because I am a gamer and laptop are not generally good for gaming because in high graphics games like Max Payne 3 and other new upcoming games laptop get heated up too fast whereas desktop are more efficient in gaming and less costlier. So I prefer desktop over a laptop because i personally used both and desktop give better results than a laptop.

I prefer desktop… because i can’t work on laptop. I just use it when i am traveling or i am out of the city and i need to use internet otherwise i do my work on desktop.

I will go with Desktop.

i think laptop is best to desktop…
i have laptop…

Final warning here. :slight_smile: This forum is General Discussions. By all means discuss the subject, by telling us why you prefer one or the other. If there’s no discussion, then the thread will be closed.

Hi,

I like Desktop - for work only for fun or travels i like laptop. means simple both r useful.

Macbook pro with multi-monitor setup mostly.
Its the only real way for me as i see it since i can take my mbp whenever i go (meeting, home, work, vacation, table, sofa) possibly hook it in there and i will have EVERYTHING i need with me at any point.

Cant understand why would anyone want a desktop. Only real reason i can see is that its cheaper, however its also subjective — because laptop is a replacement for 2-3 desktops that i would otherwise need and then i would need to buy a laptop anyway to carry it to meetings and stuff. So basically one mbp is a replacement for 3-4 devices.

My first choice is Laptop. It impressed me a lot because it is compact and portable we can use anywhere in the world. The added advantages of using laptop are Mobility, fewer connections, and time saver.

I like Laptop because It gives us use every place and every time.