What do you think of job-hopping?

If you currently work with an unpleasant job, and it is not a promising one, what do yo do? And if it is your first job, when would you quit? A year or two? What do you have to do for your next job? I am now in a dilemma, keep the current one or look for another one?

That’s alright to do when you’re young but as you get older you might want to always consider a lot of things before entering a company because you need to think of your financial and career stability. If you keep on job hopping that can hurt your chances in landing better jobs especially that they see short term experiences in your resume. Employers might think that you do not have the capability of staying in your job and might not want to hire you. If the job is something really bad for you, it’s prefectly fine to quit especially if you feel that you have no future for it. Don’t wait too long and hand in your resignation.

If you see that your current job can’t give a good future, then you need to find a new one. But don’t quit easily, try staying for at least 6 months. I know your boss will understand your decision because it’s normal that you will do everything to survive and have a nice future.

it’s prefectly fine to quit especially if you feel that you have no future for it. Don’t wait too long and hand in your resignation.

I was in the same situation before. But i tried to stay for months to pay respect to my boss for giving me a job. I also used that time to look for another.

A year or two won’t raise any eyebrows at your next job interview. However, by leaving any job, potential employers will typically ask why you left. Just make sure not to say anything too negative and bash the company you’re leaving–it doesn’t generally look good.

It’s almost expected that you have short stints at your first few jobs as you settle into your career and find the direction you wish to pursue.

i have been job-hopping since i graduated college 7 years ago! i want to try all the jobs in the world! and when i’m through, i’m gonna get that real stable and permanent job which i love. to date, i now have 5 various jobs. length is 6 months-2 years!:slight_smile: other jobs are part-time

I think if you are truly unsatisfied with your current online job then move on to another one that either challenges your skills or has a much bigger offer. There are tons of online jobs out there that cater a persons online interactive skills.

I think at least 6 months is required, but if you are not satisfied with your current job, you should try for another.

I only hop to the next job if they provide me with higher pay.