What do you think of our company name?

Would love to get some feedback for the name “WebsitePress” (will be .com) for our web design company. What do you think of the name? Got any good alternatives?

I don’t have a specific opinion about that potential website brand name thought it does sound very close in name to various popular CMS. Though if you haven’t reserved that domain name, and somebody here really likes it there is a chance you’ll get unexpected cybersquatting.

JamesG075 - I presume you know the name is already registered?

Apparently the OP doesn’t, yes that is a stark reminder when choosing a domain via brainstorming; first check for availability or see what types of similarly spelt domain names or companies exist. :slight_smile:

Yeah we have the .co.uk version instead of the .com, which makes more sense since we are based in the uk :slight_smile:

I assume that the websitepress (.co.uk) is also yours, isn’t? With that thought, I’m just wondering why do you have to ask our opinion about the name of your company if it’s already registered or existing? Are you planning to change it anyway?

But anyway, if I’m not mistaken, it a web design company, well for me, “websitepress” doesn’t fit with the service/s that you offer. Also, I think it would be better if you’ll put your keyword in your domain name. Well, just an opinion, I don’t know what others think about it :slight_smile:

I couldn’t agree more except for the fact that I really don’t know which services you offer. I guess that if you work with WordPress, the name is acceptable as it is similar to the CMS you use for your work.

But it seems to me that you alredy chose the name when you bought the co.uk version… In my case, I would have bought the .com too from the very start

[FONT=Verdana]

Except that the .com version has been registered (to somebody else) since 2002, whereas the .co.uk version was only registered two days ago. :wink:

[/FONT]

Ok. so bears that deal with technology are better than I am… hard to accept but true…

Then I would have thought of any other name… unless I would only dedicate my business to UK and cared nothing about the rest of the world. :wink:

My two-penneth. As others have mentioned it sounds like a website where you would go to get a quick stack 'em high, sell 'em cheap template and not a company that offers professional development services.

Not sure what you want to offer though so it may fit.

I understand that you bought the domain because you liked it and then you’re trying to build a business around it?

That’s not the usual way :lol:

Normally, you have an idea, you see if you can carry it out and then you find a name and register it. The name always come last.

Your friend is right, the first impression I have with that name is that your site will be something similar to templatemonster.com

Still, that doesn’t have to be the truth. You can turn it upside down. So the question is… what do you want to offer and what do you want to do?

Thanks for all the feedback! To be honest we are not going for that whole “creative agency” feel, but rather a more mainstream service, somewhat similar to template monster but without the templates :D. Whether that’s right or wrong we’ll find out, and I purchased the domain for £2 so we are not exactly set on that name.

I guess that you can afford to wast that amount if everything goes wrong… although there are more expeneses than just a domain name :stuck_out_tongue:

Best of luck :smiley:

I dont like it… i love it

Nice. Sounds Good! I like it.

It’s catchy and I like it, but I would not post it here. Many people could simply snatch it and register it before you.

• Daniel :slight_smile:

As you can read earlier in this thread, the OP already registered it.

I would be concerned that, since the DOT COM is the ‘default’ TLD, many potential customers who are looking for your company will ‘tumble’ into the competitor’s landing page.
If devising a company name - that will be tied, in marketing, closely to the domain name - I think it is imperative you hold the DOT COM version at the very least.