What e-commerce solution

I am looking for an ecommerce solution that will do the following:-
Customer Rewards – discounts and additional free items e.g. buy 2 get 1 free.
Track customer preferences and buying patterns – general and individual.
Reporting on Stock, VAT and general accounting.

I assume they all do things like showing stock levels on product pages and search by product attributes although in this case it would be things that the product was useful for such as recalling your dog.
It also needs to support links to informative articles or videos within the site.

I have had someone recommend magento but does this do the above and would you go for something like MagentoGo or use the Open Source version.

It is a site I would develop but then hand over to someone else to manage.

I have read some of the previous threads but no-one mentions reporting which is very important to my client - and I would think to everyone else!

Many thanks - Sue

Magento can do it all for you. The one thing is - you need to have a good level of technical skills to cope with this shopping cart, or higher a developer. But you won’t regret, as it have even much more than you need.
Also, X-Cart support custom rewards. Here, is several reporting tools that analyze traffic, profit reporting, search statistics.

Thank you for the info. I will look at X-Cart too.

You are welcome, if I’ll find something else I will write you back)

I use prestashop 1.4 and are very pleased with the platform … is even free templates all these variables, VAT, stock report, sales even some graphs etc.

+1 to prestashop

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. I have seen some good reports of prestashop so will have a look. I think for this development I will use Magento Go. For the current size and to get things going quickly it makes sense.

I like prestashop. Virtuemart should be able to handle what you want. It works nicely with Joomla.

I belive only on Magento only.

Why can’t you try uniecommerce. An ecommerce software that manages all the features under a single platform.

Hi,

any shopping cart solution you’d be using won’t meet your requirements. Any ecommerce solution needs to be customized.

You can search internet for e-commerce solution. There are lots of resources available on the net. You can choose according to your requirements.

As per my suggestion,prestashop is best and working with joomla also…better in internet u can go search for this.

Prestashop can do that as well. Its much easy to use as compare to Magento, It requires less technical expertise.