What ever happened to FREE content, ey Sitepoint?

Sad but true. It happens with most companies. They see a $ sign, and totally lose focus…

Tell you what, I’ll give you an advice, you can do with it whatever you want.

Don’t complain, learn. The sales funnel that SP uses is a simple funnel but a powerful one. There’s nothing dishonest about it - they are completely transparent about it. So watch, learn and apply what you see to your business.

I use a lot “sneakier” funnels in my business and my customers are happy about it. Why? Because the free value they get is worth putting up with “the horror that a commercial offers are”. So this whining about SP business practice seems quite ridiculous to me.

Cheers

Hahaha - a business trying to make money - the abomination!

Tell me, do you run a business? What is your focus? Do you work for free?

What makes you so special that you can make money but a company like SP can’t?

You cheapskates you :stuck_out_tongue:

Sad is the envy, seeing someone doing well is a joy. Congrats to SP with their success.

And no, I’m not being paid or bribed or anything.

NetNerd, I agree that perhaps SitePoint have gotten a bit over zealous with articles that promote partners, sponsors or products.

You will get a kick out of this tweet I made (I wrote it after the 3rd time SP blogged about HTML5 before the course).

Sad but true: http://twitter.com/AlexDawsonUK/status/19350941950 :lol:

My only complaint at this stage is that the newsletters seem to mostly just be reprints of the blog posts.