What got you into webdesign?

Most of the people, me included, do this because of the learning process and the creativity it allows.
And webdesign is ever evolving, always something new to learn, so I think it will remain a fun thing to us all!

I hope that the fun of learning and creativity does not go away when it becomes my job, because that day is soon!
Looking forward to that! :smiley:

webdesign is a best process to make your future better. it is also good learning subject.

But what got you into webdesign?

I agree with you! But indeed, what got you into it? :smiley:

1. I studied computer science in college and it didn’t touch enough on web design… turns out I really liked it. Putting out content for the world to see.
  2. The best part is when you feel as though people really got something good out of your site-- when you make a site that is useful and someone spends time on your site to get good info they need.

Web design attract me because of designing. I love designing and love to make new designs.

I got into it in 2005 when I volunteered to take over my diving club’s web page.
Back then I didn’t know the first thing about HTML or CSS, but once I started learning I couldn’t stop.
I ended up completely redesigning my club’s entire site, then realised I could make money out of web design, and I haven’t looked back since.

That’s great, I know webdesign is the same for me. It’s a passion and the endless creativity keeps us going!

1. I was doing lots of graphic design stuff and started noticing the web in the late 90s, seemed obvious it was going to be around for a while and was worth learning how to build websites, got more enthusiastic as I realised how easy websites made it to reach out to people worldwide and find people interested in what you were doing etc.
  2. Basically ditto, I love the international ease of it all, and am looking forward to learning HTML5 properly seeing some of the things that can be acheived, up until recently websites always felt pretty much like print graphic design on a screen, now they’re using technology that much more to be their own medium.

I wish I allready had as much experience as you do! But I love learning anyway. HTML5 is exciting indeed, learning about it along with a lot of other stuff now! :smiley:

i love to work at home and web-designing give me that opportunity and web designing is place where i can show my creativity that’s why i love web-designing .

:slight_smile: I spent a lot of it with bad habits though! A thing I like about web design is that although experience is really great, everything changes so quickly new people can come in any time and not be at much of a disadvantage.

Friends and family.

How most things start to be honest

i got into it at uni when i was studying electronics (in 1998/1999) back then there wasnt much designing, so much as playing with html.

Why did you get into it, was it about money maybe? Or because you wanted to share something on the webs?

I started out building CD-ROM multimedia presentations some 10 years ago. It was a very long process until the final product was available to the end user. On web I love the fact that you can create and publish to the entire world instantly.

Nothing particularly actually. I started having fun in PS, ended up on learning html/css (dunno why, thought that was my next step after PS basics), bought few good books and that’s it.
I still consider myself beginner, since I’m on it for maybe 6 months or so. Loving it from the start.

Then I think it is the hunger for knowledge, a lot of people that comment say they like to learn more and more!
Webdesign is great because there is always more to learn! :smiley:

hmm, possible. But I don’t think its hunger for knowledge in general, because I study economy/tourism(one more year and I’m done) at the moment and I’m not hungry at all.
In the meantime, notepad++ at home :smiley:

Don’t get me wrong, economy stuff is always good to know. But I think you don’t need college for the things you really enjoy, and if you have the time to dedicate to it, why not.
My friends come home and play games whole day and I did that too two years ago but then I realized that you can do it all if u organize things better. You will feel much better too.

what is the most considerable thing in it , so that it can attract people .