What important aspects do you seek in a SEO Company?

Hello Everyone, there are many aspects from which we can easily analyze an SEO Company;
1)The registration of the company.
2)The existing clients on the company.
3)How much long it has been providing the SEO services.
4)Portfolio of the company.
5)How many running projects are there in company.
6)What are the feedback that has been given by the previous clients.
7)How long a SEO project is running continuously.
8) Having proper website which gives details about the services they offered.
These are some of the most crucial aspects that have to be kept in mind while you are seeking an SEO Company.

Thanks
Regards
StephenBolt

The first thing I want to see from a SEO company, are guarantees for results. I’ve been approached by numerous companies all promising to “make a dedicated effort” of which they are “confident it will produce results” and all have “many happy clients”. Hogwash; show me the colour of your money if you want to see mine.
I am an engineer, and I offer 100% no cure no pay guarantee, and demand the same from my suppliers.
Secondly, any SEO company that doesn’t rank well for their own website, would be told not to bother me again in no uncertain terms.

Did you read Ted’s post (#19)? Any company that guarantees results is lying. It just is not possible to guarantee something that you don’t have absolute control over.

Of course you can. I have in my T&C that I guarantee to find the solution for the problem. That means when I get called out and fail to find out what is wrong, I don’t get paid a penny; not for my time, nor for my expenses.
If a SEO company is any good, they will refund me if their efforts fail to get my site in the top x for the agreed keywords. It is not that hard to rank well for certain keywords, as long as you don’t expect to rank #1 for a very popular search with a second rate website.

Very much agreed. Having some kind of guarantee from the firm too can’t hurt.

I suggest doing the SEO yourself. I hired a few different companies in india and all they did was create spammy links. Having a strong grasp of the english language is also a necessary tool which they usually lack.

There is one more term that can be seen in an SEO company and that is, whether they are providing the SMO that is social media optimization to one’s site. As Social networking sites are the best way of promoting a business.

I’m not sure I follow here… Social and Search are both online but beyond that they’re not particularly related or similar. Sure you can find diverse and talented teams that do both well but picking a firm simply because it does both is not a path to success in either…

First i will see the from how much time the company is providing SEO services, look at clients list also talk to them about how was there experience.