What is a software to produce music video clips?

Hi,
I love to watch music video clip like MTV etc…
At present i’m using corel video studio to make CD/DVD (family vacation,birthday party etc…).
What is the software used to produce music video clips?

Thanks…:confused:

Depends what you are asking about. If it is straight production then I think the two big industry standards are Avid and Final Cut Pro. There are other products available but my bro-in-law who is in to film production regularly talks about these two. If you are talking about special effects and doing post processing then other tools are used like Adobe After Effects. An easy way to tell what is being used or currently taught is to look at University Media degrees or courses and see what they are teaching. They tend to stick to the mainstream products that the industry uses to equip their students with a good understanding of what they will be working with when they graduate.

Thank you, Slackr for your message.

Ms windows comes with “Windows film maker” usually, which is a really primary system to keep movies together and you can add songs. It doesn’t have any unique functions but it’s excellent for your primary thingies!

Final Cut (MAc)
Adobe Premiere ( Windows)
Cinelerra or Avidemux (LINUX)

Final Cut and Adobe Premiere are great solutions and are found extensively within video editing fields; so I’d recommend either of those tbh.

The usual suspects are Adobe Premiere and Mac’s Final Cut Pro but they can get pricey. If you are on a Mac, it comes with iMovie free which will get you some similar features at a smaller cost. If you need highly professional edits though, I’d go with the Final Cut Pro.

I love Movie Edit Pro because it makes it very easy to do multicam editing