What is and How to do Bookmarking?

Can anyone explain me what is social bookmarking and how to use it for my blog in a very simple explanation. For some reason, I can’t understand the reference I get online about social bookmarking and how to use it. Please help. Thanks!:slight_smile:

Social bookmarking is using sites like Reddit, Digg and so on, where users can highlight sites/pages of interest and share them with other like-minded people.

Social bookmarking can work well if you have lots of readers who you can encourage to do that kind of thing. But if you’re faking it, if you’re trying to promote your own site with those tools, that will have little benefit, because it will be very obvious to everyone else that it’s just self-promotion, and isn’t really people genuinely wanting to share your site.

http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ELI7001.pdf

social bookmarking, let’s you research and share different web sites or web pages that you like. It also add your favorite bookmarks by logging in to different PC. Any visitors can also share links to various public sites.

Just like you book mark your sites on your computer for future convenience, you bookmark your sites online on sites like delicious, reddit, fark. I ont think its a good backlink.

It is indeed not an effective way to send backlinks to your site/s. If your items are monotonous people will most likely see that all you are up to is self-promotion. Building a blog on CMS is a way better means of viral marketing if that is what you are up to - as long as you refrain from upfront product/business promotion.

Social Bookmarking for me is a place where you store links that you often love to visit. It’s more like an organizer to the sites that you frequently try to visits.

Here is a large list of Social Bookmarking Sites. Register an account and bookmark your site to as many of them as possible. It’s a quite good source of free organic traffic.

Awesome list! This is the first one I have seen with no/do follow information - NICE! I might add that there are quite a few automated tools out there to easily do your bookmarking a lot quicker. Some will even register for you!

Social Poster, Onlywire and Social Marker are just some of the very popular bookmarking tools you can use, just create an account and start sharing… Enjoy!

Bookmarking is an activity which we do usually so that ranking of our website of its internal page can come in a search engine.

Social bookmarking is a powerful tool in promoting a website. It helps you get a lot of back links,increase traffic and gets indexed by Google in fraction of seconds.

If you have a blog you can easily integrate social bookmaking widget to your website. Blogging interfaces like Wordpress, Blogger allows easy options to integrate bookmaking widgets.
When a user sees a widget in your website, they will use the widget to bookmark your site. So your social votes will increase. It helps to bring traffic and you will get a SEO advantage.

social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to organize, store, manage and search for bookmarks of resources online. if you want to do it, you should open multiple accounts with all the best social bookmarking sites. Than you should create some yahoo acounts, GMail etc. for these email accounts.
The third thing is to get a list of all your site’s URL’s that you would like to bookmark. Than it’s better to mix that list up with as many URL’s from sites that do not belong to you about 50-50 share. After this operation, you should split this list up into as many accounts that you have with the social bookmarking sites. And at the end to submit 1 list to 1 social bookmarking account

I usually use my main keyword as the title of the social bookmark since this helps for the overall success of the linkbuilding strategy

Sharing your favorite links in your circle is social bookmarking… You will be discussing with your friends in circle about a specific link like why it is good…if it worth read etc

According to me you should google for social bookmarking sites which gives instant submission. Its actually a necessary part in Offpage optimization for getting back links.

There are sites where you can bookmark your updated links and share with your friends and followers. Once you create a profile and login in any social bookmarking site, you will see the submit button. Once you click the button, you will be asked to fill the details, after filling the details, you just need to click on update and it is done.