What is backlinks and how to get it quality?

Hi, I want to promote my website using backlinks but I don’t understand what is backlinks and how to get it quality? Thx

Backlinks are where someone else adds a link to your site on a page on their site.

If you provide good quality content that complements what other sites provide then they might link to your site so that their visitors can also benefit from your content.

Thanks felgall, what you think we we buy backlink from some companies?

Quality backlinks are ones that you earn, not buy. Getting links in such a way can damage SEO, Google values natural, quality backlinks.

2 Likes

[quote=“transcamhost, post:3, topic:194494, full:true”]
what you think we we buy backlink from some companies?
[/quote]I think that’s a very bad idea, as it’s one of the things which Google specifically lists as against its ToS, and which may adversely affect your site’s rankings.

[quote=Google]The following are examples of link schemes which can negatively impact a site’s ranking in search results:

Buying or selling links that pass PageRank. This includes exchanging money for links, or posts that contain links; exchanging goods or services for links; or sending someone a “free” product in exchange for them writing about it and including a link[/quote]

We have a couple of recent threads on the subject of backlinks, which will provide helpful information for you:
How to get more backlinks
http://www.sitepoint.com/community/t/what-is-your-example-of-link-earning/193887

2 Likes

SEO is a great technique for promoting your website. Back links are hyperlinks that link your website. Most of the search engines consider website that have maximum back links.You must create quality back links which help your website to rank on the top of any search engine.

I’m curious, how does Google know if links have been acquired in this way?

Among other things, because you’ll not be the only one who will buy those links :wink:

1 Like

Back lnks are inbound links to the our site from other site, we need to use high page rank sites in off-page optimization to generate quality inbound links…

PageRank is calculated per page, not per site.

And as Google has been telling folk for years not to obsess over PR, and very rarely now releases PR information, I’d recommend you think less about the PR and more about the relevance of the page where your link will appear.

1 Like

I’m also in the process of getting back links for my site. i think it will be best to create graphical images/info graphics, use social media and mail to spread them and ask for backlinks. Any more info on this?

1 Like

@Sanjib_Biswas - sending unsolicited mail is Spamming, and in some countries is illegal. In any case, it’s unlike to gain you much goodwill or result in many people wanting to link to you.

I suggest you have a look at the two topics linked in post #5 above, which should provide you with more reliable suggestions.

Need to use High PR website to get good quality backlinks. You must write relevant content and avoid copying content, choose the best keyword. I will suggest to you use social media to get high quality backlinks.

Please explain. What exactly is a “High PR website” and what do you mean :“use” ?

Did you read the whole thread before posting?

[quote=“TechnoBear, post:11, topic:194494”]
PageRank is calculated per page, not per site.

And as Google has been telling folk for years not to obsess over PR, and very rarely now releases PR information, I’d recommend you think less about the PR and more about the relevance of the page where your link will appear.
[/quote]If you disagree with that, then by all means say so, and explain why you disagree. But simply saying the same thing without addressing issues already raised does nothing to further the conversation.

[quote=“MitraVarghese, post:14, topic:194494”]
I will suggest to you use social media to get high quality backlinks.
[/quote]Then I fear you will be disappointed, as most social media marks links as nofollow, making them useless as backlinks.

Also, by definition, links which you can place yourself - such as those on social media - are regarded as relatively worthless by Google (and probably other search engines, too). High quality links are those you earn by having great content that others want and choose to link to.

1 Like

Basically, backlinks are links pointing to your website. For example, if I posted a link to your website here, it’d be considered as a backlink.

As for getting high quality ones, I recommend resorting to content marketing. Hire people to write for you in reputable GP blogs and blog platforms and have them cite your website as a source or something like that (point it to your blog).

My understanding is that “backlink” is used to refer specifically to those links which are followed by search engines. So links here - or anywhere else which uses the “nofollow” attribute - do not count as backlinks.

That’s not to say they are of no value; appropriately placed, they may bring traffic directly to your site. But they are not “backlinks” as I understand the term.

I see your point, but I’m kind of leaning on the dictionary definition of backlink, which is defined as “an incoming hyperlink from one web page to another website”.

Regardless if it’s nofollow or dofollow, I think it’s still a backlink given that it points to another website.

True - we’ve performed, using blog platforms (Medium, Quora blogs, Aplus, etc) who automatically make your links nofollow. Safe to say we received a decent amount of traffic from those sites.

Search for high-ranking forums or sites where you can submit your link. To check the ranking of the site you can use AHREF and then determine the relevance of the page/site you will submit your link to your actual site. After that, you can then submit quality content.

Please take the time to read the topic and respond to points already made.

What do you mean by “high-ranking”? If you’re referring to PR, then (as I’ve already explained) that is calculated per page, not per site. So a site (like this one) with a high PR home page, may have the majority of its other pages (where your link would appear) with very low PR.

Also (as I’ve already explained) links which you can easily place yourself and which are not “editorially vouched-for” are regarded by Google as of little worth, so will not count as “quality” links, which is what the OP is asking for.

Further, any quality forum or site will follow Google’s recommendations and mark user-placed external links as nofollow (as we do here), meaning they will not count as backlinks.

And you also need to bear in mind Google’s caution against using

Forum comments with optimized links in the post or signature