What is Mobilegeddon - Is It Going to Affect The Rank of Non Mobile Friendly Sites

Google has lately announced that if a site is not optimized for a mobile device, be it a phone or tablet, it will lose all its mobile traffic owing to the search engine’s upcoming mobile-friendly algorithm update. Now there seems to be lots of confusions. Will the non mobile-friendly sites lose all their mobile traffic on April 21st? Will Google completely banish those sites from mobile search? Found some relevant facts in this presentation http://www.slideshare.net/SBRTechnologies/how-to-survive-mobilegeddon-46215447 . Looking for more info.

Have you seen this?

1 Like

As I read it; this should only affect mobile searches. I don’t think non-mobile friendly sites will be barred form Google mobile search, they will just rank lower that others that offer similar info/products/service, that are mobile friendly.
Still a good idea to adapt your site. I did it last year. At first I thought it was a daunting task that I wanted to put off. But with a bit of guidance from the good people on the Sitepoint Forum, I found my way and it wasn’t too difficult once you learn the basics of responsive design.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.